Favors
Options

Can I freeze my favors?

Hey ladies! I'm a DIY bride and I'll be making my own favors: chocolate covered pretzels! I'm making about 300 of them myself, but I wanted to know if I can make them ahead of time and just freeze them or if I should just wait. If waiting, how long before the big day would you advise? TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa

Re: Can I freeze my favors?

• Options
    Eliza66Eliza66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know that freezing would be the best way to store chocolate covered pretzels. An airtight container at room temperature makes more sense to me.

If I were you, I make a smallish batch now, store them in my pantry, and try one every few days/weeks to decide how far in advance to make them. That's what I did with all my DIY food, so now I have a schedule of when to make and store everything.

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would think that the chocolate would sweat as it thaws.  I don't know for sure but it seems like it would.  All chocolate covered anything recipes I've done (oreos, pretzels, etc) for Christmas gifts said to use airtight containers.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Bleh, melty or stale chocolate? No thanks. It's been decided, one week before, I'll make them. Thanks for your advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards