Favors
Options

Chocolate Covered Apples - what do you think?

Hi..I've been thinking of giving some edible gifts.  My finance loves chocolate and I found these chocolate covered apples at www.platinumgoodies.com.  I figure I can wrap them up and maybe attach the seating placecard on them.  Only 1 per couple -- I think one per person will get too pricey.  What do you think?

Re: Chocolate Covered Apples - what do you think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think that if you are going to use these that you should have 1 per person,noone likes to share an edible favor.If you cannot afford to give one to each person either dont do favors or fimn something a little more budget friendly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

LOVE the idea of the apples--so unique!  But, you must have enough for everyone.  No one would really want to share--only because its an awkward thing to share.  Maybe you could make them yourself to save money?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Really?  You want your guests to share an apple?  If it's out of your price range to buy one for each of your guests, make them.  It's not that hard and plus, it's really tacky to expect your guests to share a food item. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would not want to share an apple with my FI. Some cookies maybe, but an apple is too hard to share.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    rosierealrosiereal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats funny i was just thinking of doing the samething but doing them myself but for each guest.its not hard not expensive to do. i wasnt sure cuz we are having a chocalate fountain at the reception so dont know if it would work maybe too much. but i think its a great idea just have enough for each guest.

good luck !!
    save the date planning My Bio updated 05/22/11 image 184 Invited
    image129 are ready to party! image 39 missing out image 16 are driving me crazy
    RSVP Date: May 14, Wedding: June 18
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the idea of candy apples.  HATE the idea of expecting couples to share them.

If it's too expensive, switch to cookies or another edible where you can afford to give a favor to everyone.

I'm going to confess:  I'd be making snarky comments if I were at a wedding where I was given an apple to share as a favor.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I agree with everyone else on the no-sharing thing. BUT I know that you could make carmel or chocolate covered apples for SUPER cheap!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing caramel apple favors for my fall wedding and I found a great place that does candy/caramel apples for a little under $2 a pop.

www.daffyapple.com

I've read great reviews on them and they also have chocolate apples as well!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had these caramel apples for my wedding five years ago. Sharing??? I think not. Check to see if you can get your hands on "Happy Apples" the grocery store that I work at carries them in the fall. I took them out of the package and repackaged them myself. They stay good for 3-5 days after you unpackage them if you keep them cold. They were all gone at our reception. You could also see if there is anyone who could make them for you. It would have to be done a few days before the wedding, but that might be less expensive than purchasing them pre made.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards