Favors
Options

What to get the kids participating in my wedding????? HELPP

I have gotten everyones thank you gifts who are in my bridal party except the kids. I am at a total loss as to what i should get them. I already have gotten my flower girls and ring barers, but I have One usher who is 12, two girls who are going to do the programs and guest book (8 & 12) and A little boy who is passing out the bubbles and such (6) any ideas?

Re: What to get the kids participating in my wedding????? HELPP

• Options
    edited May 2012

litttle girls could get engraved bracelets not sure about the boys. I would find what they like and get something special with that. My nephew likes army stuff. I could get him an army knife but he is old enough. Or I could get him a kevlar helmet from the army surplus store and have a engravement done on it.

Be creative, ask him mom what he likes.

the kids may not take care of things. I'm planning to get pretty jewelry or bracelets with their names ingraved that they can wear in the wedding. The girls would love that. As for the boys I would see if there is anything they like. If their mom reads to them get a bookmark or if they like something small like a figurine.
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    We're getting all the kids in our wedding toys.  They are all from OOT, we thought their parents would appreciate them having something new to occupy themselves with on the way home.  I was in several weddings as a kid, I remember getting an engraved bracelet, I don't have it anymore, don't even really remember getting rid of it.  Are these kids super close to you?  I would only hold onto an engraved child's bracelet if it was a parent's wedding, but that might just be me.
  • Options
    I'm planning on getting the little ones some coloring books and things to keep them occupied during the day of the wedding.  Since both of their dads are GM, I figured they might get a little antsy during pictures.  I'm also going to put some snacks and juice boxes in their bags.  I'm sure their moms will be prepared, but I'd like to get them something too.  New things are always more exciting than toys from home anyways :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We're doing signed books for ours. Books of Wonder in NYC has a great selection of kids' books for all ages that are signed by the authors and/or illustrators and they ship. It's unique and special, and something they can keep forever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been in weddings where the B & G get the kids toys... I don't know if this is border line tacky but what kid doesn't like toys?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards