Favors
Options

photo booth favors

I went to a friends wedding with a photobooth which was a big highlight for me and the girls. It is an old style photobooth; the pictures printed in 30 seconds, great quality, and had a strip that said wedding celebration of BRIDE and GROOM in the middle of the pictures !!1

I think it was awesome and have reserved the booth for my date. the vendor will not take a deposit until december due to so many people changing their minds,.

I am looking for areas to cut costs and this will cost $1600 for the night.
I really want it but realize the cost is a lot more than a few hundred dollars for traditional favors.

Should I keep it because I we want it or look at it financially and cut it out?

Opinions please.

Re: photo booth favors

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My opinion is do what you need to to be able to financially afford your wedding.  Only you know what you need to cut, etc.
  • Options
    dees14dees14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow... is it cheaper if you just rent them for a couple hours instead of the whole night? There's a photobooth company near me (Michigan) that is $500 for 4 hours, I think. Your number is so much higher.. I wonder if there's a cheaper company near you.
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dees, what photobooth company in Michigan??  Thanks!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the photobooth, yes it satisfies the favor requirement but it also has entertainment value so I think it is ok to spend a little more on it. I am having one and got lucky b/c my fi's college friend bought one for her wedding and is now renting it out so she's renting to us pretty cheap for the whole night b/c she was going to be there anyway :) i do love the fun of it though!! hopefully you can find one that isn't so pricey!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • Options
    Sweetie1and2Sweetie1and2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do a DIY photobooth.  People on the DIY board have posted links on how to creat it.  More work, but could save $$$
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely look for other booths in your area and check prices.  That seems very high to me.  I know that photobooths in our area can be that high, but we got our for only $600 for 4 hours, and they are an established photography studio.  The entertainment value, plus the fact that you would be making it your favor does make it a good splurge, but if you are on a tight budget thats a lot.  Since we got ours so cheap, we bought photo strip frames that we are using as a the favor for them to put their strips in. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a photo booth for my daughter's wedding. (Shutterbooth)  I can't wait as it should be alot of fun.

We found them at a local Bridal Fair and they were running a special. I got them for $1000. for 4 hours. I thought that was reasonable as they are throwing in (prop box, monogram strip,) It sounds like you have time. Go to local bridal fairs and also check Facebook. Some the photo booth companies have a fan page that lists specials.

You have to do what you feel you are comfortable spending, but the photos would sure be a great favor and your guest would have alot of fun with taking the pictures.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing a photobooth for my daughters wedding.  The cost is 1000.  This includes a memory photo book which is made as the photos are made.  All supplies are brought by the vendor.

We did not include props for 2 reasons:  First, it was an additional expense, and,  many of us are "germ-a-phobes" and can't fathom putting on a bunch of props, especially facial ones like glasses and hats, that other people have worn.  Because our wedding is next June, we will purchase our own the day after Halloween when such things are on clearance.

We also made a "deal" with the vendor.  We have the booth for 4 hours.  But because almost no one will be using the booth during the dinner hour (or more), we have made this arrangement:  open 1 hour during cocktails, close 1 hour during dinner, (we provide a dinner for the vendor), re-open for the remaining 3 hours after dinner.  It stretches the time for our guests without wasting time when no one would be making use of it.

Finally, we have found that this phrase (or one like it) has helped in encouraging vendors to bring their prices down a bit......"We would really like to include "this" into our wedding/reception vision, but at the moment it is considered more of a luxury or want rather than a need". 

With many of the vendors we have solicited, most are willing to be flexible and try to work within our budget.  It also helps to do your homework and compare/contrast packages.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards