Favors

Matchboxes

My FI and I are going with old school / vintage concept for our wedding reception. We are having it at a local fire company and we've been thinking about doing matchboxes as favors. Both of our parents got married 30 years ago and that was the favors at their weddings.

So we saw matchboxes with "Perfect match" on them and we love it. But is that enough of a favor?

What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Matchboxes

• It depends on your crowd. I have no use for matches, so I would leave them behind.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I love it and it's enough for me.
  • What you could do is do matchboxes that are personalized with ribbon and depending on your venue, do sparklers. A friend of mine did this and it was amazing! They had a summer wedding and when they left, everyone used the matches inside, and lit sparklers as they left. It was awesome. Here is where the got them from. Good luck!

http://www.momentsofelegance.com/catalog/matchboxes-with-sparklers-p-492.html

• I think it's a nice favor! I personally have no use for a matchbox, but FI is a big pipe and cigar smoker, so he'd definitely take ours or maybe even extras, haha. You probably will still have some left behind, but I don't think it's a useless favor by any means.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The sparklers are a great idea! Thanks so much :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are also do matchbooks as a party favor. It works nicely since we're doing a sparler exit. (The sparklers aren't the gift though..).  I bought outs from AmericanBridal.com if you're looking.
    My second favor is a candy buffett. Which is really actually very easy to do! 
  • I like it because it fits your old school theme.

I got some from a friends wedding which they got because tehy met on match.com so it fit them.

Other than that, I haven't seen matchbooks given out since weddings I went to in the 90s. Granted, I still have those matchbooks. I use them to light candles.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards