Favors
Options

Out of town gift bags?? Help

I am having our wedding on the beach in Charleston, SC where we live, but all 40 of ours guests are out of town. I would like to do gift bags in the hotel rooms but i dont know what to include. I would like to have some things related to Charleston since it will be most of the guests first time in the city Any suggestions!?!

Re: Out of town gift bags?? Help

• Options
    Usually OOT gift bags have more snacky items - granola bars, fruit, etc. - rather than things to do or occupy their time.  I usually recommend, though, to check with the local visitors' / conventioners bureau to see if they have any pamphlets or material to put in the bags. 
  • Options
    Most of our guests are OOT as well.

This is what we're puting in our welcome bags:

- Bottled water 
    - Gum/Mints
    - Granola bars or packs of trail mix
    - Pistachios (long story, but my grandparents gave me about 15 pounds for Christmas for some reason, so we're portioning them into little tulle bags for the welcome bags)
    - Schedule of events for the weekend
    - Maps/directions
    - List of churches and service times if people want to attend serrvices on Sunday morning
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We have a lot of OOT guests too.  I just assembled the bags this morning.  We have:

- 2 bottles of water
    - snack bag of chips
    - bag of m&ms
    - bag of peanut m&ms
    - granola bar
    - tic tacs
    - packet of tylenol
    - map i picked up from the local chamber of commerce with local stuff
    - letter we wrote with places to eat and things to do in area 
  • Options
    We have a great company on our site from Charleston called Slather It On! It is a famous regional sauce that would make a fabulous gift bag item.  There is also a company called Brynn and Amie Good Karma Foods from the coast of North Carolina that has amazing artisan favors that would be suitable for a Charleston wedding as well. Good luck! http://www.goodiesforgifts.com
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'd get little bags of Benne Wafers from the downtown outdoor Market. These scream classic Charleston, SC. 

Also, the saltwater taffy sold at the downtown market also screams Charleston, SC. 

Charleston's Food & Bev. scene is renowned - I'd put in a hefty restaurant guide. 

A historic sights guide would be good, considering people flock to Charleston, SC from all over the world just because of its rich history. 

Sunscreen is a must - Charleston barely even had a winter this year. It was 80 degrees a couple days in December, if I remember correctly. 

The beaches are a must for most visitors to Charleston. Anything beachy would be great - if you have the money, perhaps things like beach towels, flip flops, etc. 

If resources are short, my top "must haves" for OOT guests to a Chucktown wedding would be water, sunscreen (if it's a Spring/Summer wedding), Benne wafers (!!!), and the historical sights & restaurant guides. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards