Favors
Options

Charity Donation favors???

Hi Guys!
Can anyone point me in the correct direction, or have any suggestions on creative ideas/ways to go about Favors that indicate we are making a charity donation in their name in lieu of traditional favors?? Anyone have any pictures or websites to check out?

Thanks so much!!
Pregnancy Ticker I've finally married my BEST FRIEND :-) Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Charity Donation favors???

• Options
    Read the sticky above ^^^
  • Options
    Second reading the sticky.  Charitable donations aren't really favors for your guests unless you make individual donations in each guests' name, allowing them to get the tax benefits associated.  But most organizations won't do this for a donation of just a few dollars.  In addition, some guests may disagree with your choice of charitable organization.  IMO, it's better to take the money you would have spent on favors and make a private donation to the organization you have in mind.  Favors aren't required.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks Guys! l
    I saw the "sticky" in the postings after I posted my question.. lol..
    good advice though... thanks to you both! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker I've finally married my BEST FRIEND :-) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I will be doing a charitable donation at our reception. He really liked the idea after seeing an episode of My Fair Wedding (season 5 episode1 "Make A Wish") 
    In the episode they have a wishing fountain and at each guest seat there is a card with a shiney silver dollar that explains the fountain and where the mney donation will go to. That is what we plan on doing. 
    We plan on having some othter type of favor too. 
    Right now I am trying to figure out wording for the card and fountain. Any idead or thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards