Favors

Would my favors be inappropriate?

My wedding is still pretty far away, but I am trying to get some opinions. You knotties have swayed me to think that I would like to give an edible favor. However, since my wedding will be in the summer months I would like to take away the melt factor and not give out chocolates or anything like that. I was thinking of doing mini champagne bottles with a personalized label (obviously with something different for the kids). My family are all big champagne drinkers and I know a lot of FI's family are as well. However, would this be rude to guests who may not drink champagne or alcohol at all? I don't know if there are any, but I wouldn't want someone to be offended or left out. I could also do some bottles with sparkling grape juice, but I don't know who would want that and who wouldn't.

Re: Would my favors be inappropriate?

• edited December 2011
    Not innapropriate, although some may not take favors, if your concerned about mass appeal, could you give people a choice, like champaign or another kind of wine? or make the kids favors appeal to adults too? otherwise I wouldn't worry, if you think that the majority of your guests will like it then do it!
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's appropriate even if they don't drink, they can take it home as memory/momento
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks :) Maybe I will have a small table with sparkling grape juice or a different wine option...not sure how to get the guests preferences without it turning into a huge project. I would rather have all the same at the place settings I think
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, if you know that the majority of your guests will like the champagne, then do that.  You're under no obligation to provide alternate favors based on guests' likes/dislikes.

Some people don't like chocolate (I know....hard to believe!) but that doesn't mean that you have to give some people m&ms and give others skittles.

Just put the champagne bottle at each place setting, and if people don't want it, they'll give it to a guest that does.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did champagne bottle favors and they were a big hit--people were even taking the extra ones.  Alot of my family took them and just kept them as a memento and haven't opened them.  I think it's totally fine whether people drink or not.  On the tables that had children, I put just enough for the adults.  I also had a candy buffet so that the kids (and everyone else) got something.

My colors were champagne and black, and I did champagne flutes on my napkins. It was kind of by accident but when I figured it out, the champagne favors just naturally came to mind. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing mini wine bottles (with custom labels) for our favors.
    For the kids, we bought (empty) mini bottles that are colorless/clear, applied our label, and filled them with skittles.

The adult bottles are dark/amber and will not be mistaken for the kids bottles.

The theme stays the same, but kids dont get the 'adult' treat, hehehe.
  • edited December 2011
    Just be sure that bringing in alcohol for favors is allowed by your venue!
    Most venues in my area do not allow alcohol to be brought in, even as favors Undecided
  • Rae140Rae140 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do non-alcoholic (applecider) for the underage guests.
    I want to do the half-bottles per couple. Trying to find a good price in Cleveland Ohio??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards