Favors

wedding bubbles shelf life

Hello,
Do wedding bubbles go bad? I want to buy some now that are on sale but my wedding is not until December - just over 6 months from now. Does anyone know the shelf life of bubbles or if they will leak or the "bubbliness" will go away or if the color will change? I'm not sure if to proceed with the purchase or try my luck a later date. Thanks for any help!! :)

Re: wedding bubbles shelf life

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We bought our bubbles ahead of time as well.  Took them out to tie ribbons, and......the liquid is a rusty auburn color now :-(  Didn't realize it at the time, but stores like Hobby Lobby put their wedding stuff on sale for 1/2 off at least once a month!  Or, wait closer to your date and use their coupons....there is always a 40% off coupon weekly.
  • jcathermanjcatherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should be okay with 6 months. If its the design of the bottles that you like, you could always buy them now and if the color changes just pour it out and add a little bit of clear dish soap and water in them. Thats how we made bubbles as a kid.
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wedding-bubbles-shelf-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:f3181e56-3886-4fed-80e5-99d0181f6f2cPost:1610b3d5-d06b-43bc-907e-a94f611ddeb4">Re: wedding bubbles shelf life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should be okay with 6 months. If its the design of the bottles that you like, you could always buy them now and if the color changes just pour it out and add a little bit of clear dish soap and water in them. Thats how we made bubbles as a kid.
    Posted by jcatherman[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with her. If the bubble mixture goes off you can dump them out and refill, you can easily go to any toy store or dollar store and buy the big bubble refills for super cheap. or do the dishsoap and water idea</div>
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    " If the bubble mixture goes off you can dump them out and refill, you can easily go to any toy store or dollar store and buy the big bubble refills for super cheap. or do the dishsoap and water idea"

Or....rather than go to all that trouble, simply take them back to the store of purchase (if you are going to rebuy bubbles for refill solution anyway), and politely ask to exchange them.  I did this with Hobby Lobby, without a receipt (because it had been so long) and explained they were purchased awhile ago.  A simple swap and out the door!  Less messy, and less time consuming than refilling those tiny bottles :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards