Favors
Options

Favor ideas for a southern themed wedding...

Hey ladies...

I'm looking for some cute favor ideas for our southern style wedding in NC. We are not doing a "country" wedding... but doing a kind of casual, southern charm wedding... I know thats not very descriptive but I just want people to know we aren't doing like a "redneck" or realllyyyyy "country" wedding.

So, my dad's idea was to get little mason jars and maybe put some kind of candy or something in them.... but i'm looking to see if there are any other ideas out there...

I really appreciate any help!

Re: Favor ideas for a southern themed wedding...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Mason Jar idea. Edible gifts are always the best way to go.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    homeade jam, pralines, mini peach cobblers, think southern desserts
  • Options
    ki10ki10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the mason jar idea, but also agree that a local or interesting filling like jam would be a way to make them more personal. I would go with regular-sized mason jars, if the price difference isn't significant.

I also found it really cute when some friends gave out those red with white paisley kerchiefs, but not everyone would find that useful.
  • Options
    leahkateleahkate member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about cheese straws or mini pecan pies?
  • Options
    AKSGRLAKSGRL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    soda pop seems to be pretty popular these days. Maybe you can find soda pop with a specific flavor in that region.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards