Favors
Options

Who Gets Favors?

Probably a silly question but I was always thought only the guest who attend the wedding get a favor and if anyone does not come to the wedding but still sends a gift they get a thank you card but they don't get a favor. I'm being told now by my fiance's family that even if guest don't come but mail us a gift we need to mail them a favor and thank you card. My family thinks the favor is suppossed to be something special for the guest who attend. What do you guys think? Now I don't know what to do. I dont want to offend anyone who expects a favor even if they don't show up but I really think the favor is something special for those who attend.

Re: Who Gets Favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of mailing favors out to people that don't attend. It's a nice thought, but I think that favors are only for people that show up. A nice thank you note is all that I would send to anyone that sends a gift but does not show up.

Good Luck!
    image 89 We asked to dance
    image 78 Are ready to go! image 11 Are lame but save us some money! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, there's no need to mail favors to those who don't attend. A thank you note/card will suffice.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not mail favors to people who didn't attend. Just a thank you note if they sent a gift.

ETA: The whole point of a favor is to be a little extra treat to thank them for coming to your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not mail a favor either. A thank you card is enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's. I would only give favors for those in attendance. And then mail out a thank you card to others that send gifts
  • Options
    wendelyn40wendelyn40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the post above, a favor is for someone who actually came to your wedding.  Don't spend the extra postage on sending favors out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A favor is not a thank you for the gift. A favor is a thank you for sharing that day with you and attending the wedding. A thank you is then sent to people who did not AND did  give you a gift. No favor needed for those who did not come. Just a thank you.
    More than words.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards