Favors
Options

NYC Themed Wedding

Hey everyone...I am so torn with what I want to do for favors! I am thinking something edible...because then I know people will definitely eat & enjoy it! Our "theme" is New York City....we love the city & it's also where we got engaged.  We're not doing too much NYC things...just centerpieces & music....so we thought maybe adding in a NYC themed favor would be cool.  I am having trouble thinking of a creative idea...I also don't wanna spend hundreds of dollars on favors.  I thought chocolate shaped like NYC monuments....but only found like 1 website that has these....
Does anyone have any creative, cost-friendly NYC ideas? 
Thanks!!

Re: NYC Themed Wedding

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since NYC is known as the "big apple", how about an apple shaped chocolate with a red foil cover?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh I like that idea! How could I word it...I don't wanna just say "Thanks for coming..." 
    I could say something about "Start spreading the news..." 

• Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought of apple too
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any ideas with wording...since my wedding is in July...I don't want guests to be confused why I would be giving apples since that's kinda a fall theme......?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hot nuts!  I moved to Cali from NYC last year, and I miss them sooo much.  They could be in little wax paper bags with your monogram on them too!  That's some authentic NYC.
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • Options
    Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How about black and white cookies? Those are very NYC. You could write a cute description of the black and white cookie. Cute theme.  You could also do famous NYC places/photos as centerpiece (Name table 2 Central Park w/ a photo). That would be very affordable and a great talking point.

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the exact centerpieces you described! haha...they are going to be actual photographs that me & my fiance took together! :) Since, we love photography & stuff.... cute idea with the black & white cookies--a little confused as to how that relates to NYC? Maybe I'm just not seeing it at the moment (I'm a little tired at the moment-haha).  Thanks :)
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was a Seinfeld episode (I only know this because my fiance is a huge fan).
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Start spreading the news, we married today. Thanks so much for being a part of it..." and leave it at that.  People will get it, it's cute, but it's not over the top cheesy!
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with apple, black and white cookies (they have them in NYC delis/bakeries), something with a bagel theme (not quite sure how to make that a favor but it says NY to me...)
    For apples, maybe a candied apple?  Though might be kinda pricey
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards