Favors
Options

favor ideas??

looking for inexpensive favor ideas for about 225 people?? ideas??
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: favor ideas??

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, for that many guests I would probably skip them.  Even at $1 per favor, that is $225 better spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what dollar amount do you consider inexpensive?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think favors are thoughtful

I suggest edible ones: fortune cookies, cookies, brownies, chocolate, gum, mints, candy apples (you can have personalized candy wrappers made online at Etsy or Ebay).

• Options
    efujanefujan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did favors for our wedding, kept it simple.  Just a mixture of Hershey Kisses and Bliss chocolates in silver & lime (our colors) organza bags tied with little plastic/aluminum rings.  Got them online - thought I got a fantastic deal on them (And naturally today I get an e-mail that they're on sale now - about 25% less than what I paid for 'em)

This is the best place to get them. . . I paid around $1.40 for each 10-pk, they're 1.08 this week. 
    http://www.efavormart.com/

So for 225 bags, it'll run you less than $25, then you can fill them with whatever you want! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of price range are you talking?

I've seen little bags of candy done (as PP suggested), chocolate on the tables (little lindt packs...I think she said they were about $1.50 and they came with 3 in each pack) or anything else that is edible is usually good.  

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    APC2011APC2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my husband to be would like to have can koozies but me im not so sure. his mom would like to do half those and the other half mini wine glasses?? i was thinking of a candy bar and not having it "open" until after we eat and serve the cake. we used to have this little candy store in our town that we used to go to when we were younger and always got penny candy. i was thinking of doing something like that (only free) and having the same little brown bags and having a sticker w a monogram on it??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just know for a 225 person wedding you will need a lot of candy. I'll have around 100 guests with 13 different size jars and at least a 5 lb bag of candy per thing. Depending on where you order from can save and if you buy used candy jars (like I did) from another bride can also help. I can't wait to see my candy bar set up and I know all the guests will like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     We got mini jars of mango jam and mango fruit.  We also saved money and ordered the label ourselves. I got favors from http://www.abundanceyeah.etsy.com. This woman was easy to work with.

She makes all kinds and they are yummy
  • Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a candy buffet instead of favors.  I like the little penny candy bags and you can order them online.  they would look cute with a rubber stamp design of some type or a sticker with a monogram or something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would go shot glasses- they are like 30 cents a piece and you can have them personalized. its a gift that looks expensive but really isnt. you can fill them with candy too, but that might add up in cost.

heres a site that has colored ones too http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/style/11-3/personalized-glassware/shot-glasses/ hope this helps!

I think the mini wine glasses would be cute too!

• Options
    APC2011APC2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards