Favors
Options

I'm stressing myself out over favors, please help

I'm a bit of a logistics junky, so I am trying to plan everything out in advance so that I'm not running around and stressed when the month before my wedding comes around. In terms of favors, I am expecting between 100 and 150 people. I have three ideas, any input on which would be best in regards of ease of creation and guest appreciation would be great.

My first idea was to make coasters, I found this great idea on one of the wedding blogs I frequent on making coasters out of ceramic tile. They would be decorated in the colors of my wedding, but not personalized. I was thinking I could give each person two tied together with ribbon, so that couples would have a set of four.

Another idea I had, since I am having a beach themed reception, is to buy these little white buckets from Oriental Tradiing, they are about 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches tall, and filling them with salt water taffy. I would decorate the buckets with ribbon and a small starfish.

The last idea I had was baking chocolate chip cookies and putting them in bags. I was thinking of doing this and putting all the bags on a table for guests to take as they left... would that be too much with another favor? 

Guests are already getting pinwheels or ribbon wands (their choice) at the ceremony and bubbles at the reception. Any input would be appreciated. TIA
The truth behind a well laced dress

Re: I'm stressing myself out over favors, please help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered just buying some beach favors?  They have a lot of cool ones out there for beach-themes.  I'm saying this as an arts-and-crafts connoisseur who has often times wasted money on projects or had them cost way more money than it would have been to just buy the thing.  Right now with winter coming up there are probably a lot of beach-themed favors clearanced out too. 
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_im-stressing-myself-out-over-favors-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:fedf517c-ae61-46a1-9cd3-55bff238ff1aPost:b3f6ee9a-50e3-4a57-8c80-ec4a26a1145a">Re: I'm stressing myself out over favors, please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered just buying some beach favors?  They have a lot of cool ones out there for beach-themes.  I'm saying this as an arts-and-crafts connoisseur who has often times wasted money on projects or had them cost way more money than it would have been to just buy the thing.  Right now with winter coming up there are probably a lot of beach-themed favors clearanced out too. 
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Do you have any suggestions for beach themed favors? Links? :D</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Love the bucket idea with the salt water Taffy <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another idea I had, since I am having a beach themed reception, is to buy these little white buckets from Oriental Tradiing, they are about 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 inches tall, and filling them with salt water taffy. I would decorate the buckets with ribbon and a small starfish.

This is the favor that has my vote!  The other two, not so much.... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the salt water taffy idea, and the cookie idea, very cute thoughts, I'd do one of those
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a PSA on the cookie idea...  If you plan this out, make sure you a.) have the time and resources to bake cookies for 150 people, and b.) if you plan on freezing your cookies, make sure you have enough freezer space.

My original favors were going to be mini rum cakes and chocolate chambord cakes.  Like you, I like planning things out and having things done in advance.  About 1/4 into the baking, I realized I was completely out of freezer space.

One of the reasons I picked the bcukets, was because this is something you can do well in advance of your wedding.

...just saying...
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies... I've thought it through and I think I am going to go with the bucket idea, it's the least amount of work on my part and I think it will go over the best. The buckets are really cute, and I can start decorating them this spring and spread it out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely go with the buckets.

I would advise against the ceramic tile "coasters."  Some friends did this at their wedding, and even if they wouldn't have had them decorated in their wedding colors/monogram/theme, I still wouldn't have taken them.  I honestly had no clue what it even was (wall tile, coaster, a place to put a hot pan?).
  • Options
    2Bwed20112Bwed2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also love the bucket with salt water taffy idea!  I think the cookie idea is cute but would be WAY too much work for you to bake that many cookies, etc.  Especially since you're doing other things too (bubbles, etc.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too like the bucket idea.  One of my friends who just got married had white buckets with a yankee candle votive in each one.  I think I'm going to steal that idea as I'm getting married on the beach too.  I was looking at them the other day on oriental trading and they're not too expensive.  Someone suggested getting the candles at an outlet store.  But, salt water taffy is a cute idea too.  
  • Options
    kate4stevekate4steve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've decided to keep my favors simple for right now, I love the bucket of swt that is super cute.. Since we are having our ceremony and reception at a sportsmans club, really no theme involved since our venue is decorated a certain way already. My favors are little copper fishing pole bells with clamps, they will double as a seating tag/favor. I made two yesterday and tied a ribbon on them in one of my colors and it is super cute. Instead of buying the cheap bells that are kinda pricey for what the consist of just so people throw them away, mine is useable for those who fish, and fits in with my wedding colors and venue decor. I put a picture of them below.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards