Flowers

Houseplants + flowers as centerpieces

In light of an eco-friendly Zoo wedding, I want to use dark green philodendrons in a brown pot as my centerpieces. Is there a classy/budget-friendly way to add flowers to potted plants? I havent found any good pictures or ideas.

Re: Houseplants + flowers as centerpieces

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_houseplants-flowers-as-centerpieces?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:00fc7f68-baa6-4aaf-8423-9bd653ec35aaPost:840ed923-b859-4db2-90d8-8a53ed986a9b">Houseplants + flowers as centerpieces</a>:
    [QUOTE]In light of an eco-friendly Zoo wedding, I want to use dark green philodendrons in a brown pot as my centerpieces. Is there a classy/budget-friendly way to add flowers to potted plants? I havent found any good pictures or ideas.
    Posted by lartz[/QUOTE]

<div>I honestly don't know. Can you put them in jars instead? I just can't vision brown pots and centerepieces looking good....UNLESS you're having a brownish color scheme. </div>
  • Do an internet search for "floral glass vials". When I ordered my wedding package from Costco, the bouts & corsages were in rubber topped vials with water, to keep the flowers moist. They were wrapped with cotton, with water in the vials.

I think that would work. Not sure how many you'd need or want for each planter with dirt in it, but you'd have to figure that out.

The alternative would be to use realisting looking silk flowers, which can just be stuck into the dirt

• You might be better off adding a berry that has a nice sturdy stock that you could press into the soil.  To jazz up the brown, you could use a coordianting ribbon to accent the vases.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards