Flowers
Options

Anyone use FiftyFlowers for rose petals?

If so, how many did you get and what did you do with them?

I'm debating on getting the 12,000 or 6,000. I want to heavily line the aisle which is about 15 feet, do a petal toss for about 50 petal cones, and also scatter some on a few tables.

TIA!

Re: Anyone use FiftyFlowers for rose petals?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used freshroseptals.com and I only used them for tossing and for our cake table.  I used silk to line my aisle.  I just did a very light scattering and ordered 3,000 just for that (although my wedding coordinator also used them on our head table and candy buffet).

Here is a calculator I used.  HTH!

http://www.petalgarden.com/petalcalc.htm
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_anyone-use-fiftyflowers-rose-petals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:0172e05b-556d-43bd-8342-5162c29b0a64Post:0cdeea9d-9d91-4c84-b1fa-cd633e794777">Re: Anyone use FiftyFlowers for rose petals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used freshroseptals.com and I only used them for tossing and for our cake table.  I used silk to line my aisle.  I just did a very light scattering and ordered 3,000 just for that (although my wedding coordinator also used them on our head table and candy buffet). Here is a calculator I used.  HTH! <a href="http://www.petalgarden.com/petalcalc.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.petalgarden.com/petalcalc.htm</a>
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the response!  I came across that calculator too and wondered if the silk would be the same as real then, I think they would be the same size right?  What would you suggest for what I'm looking for if you don't mind giving your opinion?  Based off your 3,000 just for the scattering and a couple tables I'm almost thinking for what I'm looking for the 12,000 would be better.  Thoughts?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, loved your wedding, I took a look at your bio.  Beautiful details!  Did you want to wear your hair down/well half up from the get go or did you debate on wearing it up?  I'm having a dilemma with this, I think I look better in pictures with my hair basically just like yours, but I think with my dress etc. that it would look better up.  I'm a hair freak so this decision is stressing me out!  Any thoughts would be appreciated!  TIA!

</div>
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, thanks so much!  No, I pretty much knew I wanted my hair down.  I never wear my hair up so I never considered it.  I like the one you have in your bio as inspiration--that might be a nice compromise.  I love your dress--I love all of it!  I would have loved a Vegas wedding!

Ok, flowers.  Now that I think about it, I may have ordered 5,000 for my aisle.  It was windy that night and they were blowing all over so my planner gave up trying to use them.  So I ended up with alot but if you want the heavy pile on each side, I would go with the 12,000.  I can't remember what I did for tossing but I remember wishing I had ordered more.  You can never have too many since you can use them all over.  I would go with what the calculator says and order whatever is closer.  HTH!
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_anyone-use-fiftyflowers-rose-petals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:0172e05b-556d-43bd-8342-5162c29b0a64Post:ef27860e-f9ab-40f9-ade1-bc6c47a8c1b9">Re: Anyone use FiftyFlowers for rose petals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww, thanks so much!  No, I pretty much knew I wanted my hair down.  I never wear my hair up so I never considered it.  I like the one you have in your bio as inspiration--that might be a nice compromise.  I love your dress--I love all of it!  I would have loved a Vegas wedding! Ok, flowers.  Now that I think about it, I may have ordered 5,000 for my aisle.  It was windy that night and they were blowing all over so my planner gave up trying to use them.  So I ended up with alot but if you want the heavy pile on each side, I would go with the 12,000.  I can't remember what I did for tossing but I remember wishing I had ordered more.  You can never have too many since you can use them all over.  I would go with what the calculator says and order whatever is closer.  HTH!
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the response and compliments!  Yeah I can't wait (obviously:) for Vegas, our wedding is the epitome of excitement but I love traveling too so that will make it more exciting even, I think.  Plus we're not doing cheesy Vegas, so still nice and more intimate than the big wedding back home (although I still get a little envious of those that are doing the big wedding).  Anywho, thanks.  Yeah I'll have to see how the hair goes at my trial.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the advice on the petals, I ordered the 12,000 today, and you're right you can never have to many!  Gracias again!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards