Flowers

Florist review!!!

Hi Ladies,

I recently got married on August 28th and just wanted to share a little note of warning to those of you looking at using Hearts and Flowers as your florist. They did not meet our needs at all, we had to cancel our order and find a new florist the week before the wedding.

I actually should have know from the first meeting that we should have chosen someone else. The woman we were scheduled to meet with did not show up and the receptionist had to call to ask her where she was. She said that she wasn't coming and that the receptionist could just take down the info. Which she did and was pleasant, but they did not offer us any samples nothing for us to look at as far as what they could do other than a book of generic flower photos that you see online.

2 weeks later I got a call saying they couldn't get the size calla lillies I wanted but could get mediums instead of large. Which was fine. Then nothing for a few months and then the big one. The week before the wedding she calls me to let me know that they can't get the color I need either. I wanted green and white callas for the girls and pink for me. The couldn't get the color green for the girls. She couldn't seem to explain well why she didn't know this info months in advance, just blamed it on her wholesaler. Which yes could be the case, but I don't think its acceptable to tell a bride that the week before. Here plan was just to throw something together for us. She also told me that my bridal bouqet was going to be made out of mini callas, not the medium we had discussed months ago, which are the same size at the mens boutoniers. Which are tiny and why would I want my girls flowers bigger than mine.

Now I am by no means a difficult bride or at least I didn;t think so. I would have been content with going to the city clerks office and signing papers. But this put me over the edge. I am sure all you girls know the stress we are under the week before. So my aunt-in-law, who was taking care of the flowers flipped her lid, love her, and we cancled.

Last minute she went into Sawyers on Congress St in Portland hoping to just find something nice. Well, we were blown away by them. She was able to get me everything I wanted, sizes, colors etc for over 300 cheaper and couldn't understand what the other woman was talking about in reference to them not being able to get them.

And when I saw them the day of. I was so happy, they were absolutely beautiful!!! I was beyond thrilled. They were full and just gorgeous. The woman even sugested hand paiting them if they weren't the right shade. They went above and beyond for me at the last minute. I would highly recommend them.

In ending, I am not trying to completely down Hearts and Flowers, they may have done beautiful things for other people, but I will not go to them again. We had bad service and a bad experience. What was strange too is she called us the day before the weddiung to say she got the flowers we wanted in???

Here is a photo, never mind my face haha

Re: Florist review!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards