Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Outdoor Venue

PLEASE HELP!! I'm getting married Aug 31, 2013 & I haven't been able to find very many outdoor venues. Does anyone have suggestions where to look? Does anyone know of any places? I'd like to have the ceremony & reception @ the same place but if not thats fine too. You can email me at swtblueeyes13@yahoo.com.

Thanks!!

Re: Outdoor Venue

• Options
    Please don't do this.  An outdoor venue in August?  Not a good idea.

There are many outdoor venues, it just depends on your guest size and budget.

Filter Building White Rock
    Winfrey Point White Rock
    Dallas Arboretum
    La Buena Vida Winery (100% outdoor)
    Delaney Vineyards
    Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park
    Paradise Cove Grapevine
    Belltower Gardens Ft. Worth (100% outdoor)
    Botanical Gardens Ft. Worth
    A&M Gardens Azle
    Trinity River Audobon Center (lovely outdoor ceremony space)
    Fairy Tale Manor (outdoor ceremony space)
    The Tribute (outdoor ceremony space)

There are many different venues that have outdoor ceremony spaces--I got married at a hotel and even I had an outdoor ceremony. With your guest size, budget and what type of space you are looking for, we can be more help.
  • Options
    We're planning on doing it in the morning or evening not during the day. My guest size is 50-100 & my budget is less than $1500. Its very hard to find an outdoor venue for less than $2000. Do you have more venues? I would get married @ a hotel outside & have the reception inside. I just need some help.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_outdoor-venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4b76e168-e638-4b2d-b69f-fa80155170ccPost:565e8b02-afaf-416d-b5a8-a2fa3c856f16">Re: Outdoor Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please don't do this.  An outdoor venue in August?  Not a good idea. There are many outdoor venues, it just depends on your guest size and budget. Filter Building White Rock Winfrey Point White Rock Dallas Arboretum La Buena Vida Winery (100% outdoor) Delaney Vineyards Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park Paradise Cove Grapevine Belltower Gardens Ft. Worth (100% outdoor) Botanical Gardens Ft. Worth A&M Gardens Azle Trinity River Audobon Center (lovely outdoor ceremony space) Fairy Tale Manor (outdoor ceremony space) The Tribute (outdoor ceremony space) There are many different venues that have outdoor ceremony spaces--I got married at a hotel and even I had an outdoor ceremony. With your guest size, budget and what type of space you are looking for, we can be more help.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    The only other venue that has an outdoor option that I can think of is Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville. (Hello, mosquitoes!)
    Something to keep in mind about August heat--last year I remember getting to work at 9 AM and it was already 90 degrees, then leaving work at 6 PM and it was still 105. To be honest, if I were invited to an outdoor reception during the summer in TX, I would probably decline. Even if it is the most beatiful ceremony ever, if people are uncomfortable that is all they will remember.
  • Options
    I want the reception inside if possible.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_outdoor-venue-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4b76e168-e638-4b2d-b69f-fa80155170ccPost:ff1b5afd-1774-4b5a-a2a1-a053583c52cd">Re: Outdoor Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only other venue that has an outdoor option that I can think of is Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville. (Hello, mosquitoes!) Something to keep in mind about August heat--last year I remember getting to work at 9 AM and it was already 90 degrees, then leaving work at 6 PM and it was still 105. To be honest, if I were invited to an outdoor reception during the summer in TX, I would probably decline. Even if it is the most beatiful ceremony ever, if people are uncomfortable that is all they will remember.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I believe they can do an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. Not sure if it is within your listed budget though. Your best bet is to call.
  • Options
    We need to know your entire budget including food. And keep in mind that a 50-person difference in your guest size is huge. You are going to spend a lot less and have more options the smaller it is. An outdoor ceremony in August is a bad idea no matter what time of day it is.
  • Options
    My venue has an outdoor ceremony space (Avanti fountain place) but it is way over your budget. Is that budget just for site rental? The most affordable place I have heard lately that would be outside is Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens. But, I have been there is the summer & it's brutal! Plus if there are water restrictions, plants look pretty sad by the time August rolls around. Also, I had a friend get married at A&M in Azle...great little place & a little more affordable, but it took us forever to get there! How about an indoor place with a great view of the outside? That might make for some happier guests! Just a thought...
  • Options
    If your guest list ends up around 50, I would suggest the Big Thicket at White Rock Lake.  You could get married right outside & then have the reception inside.  I found some pics of a wedding held there on a photographer blog on google images and it was really pretty.
    http://www.dallasparks.org/reservations/reservations.aspx
  • Options
    My problem with Winfrey Point (Big Thicket) is that there's not room in the main room for tables AND dance floor AND food.  One or more of those things will get pushed out into the screened (but un-air conditioned) patio area.  I went to a reception there in July and standing in line for food was miserable because not only was it a million degrees outside, but the food stations were actually adding to the heat.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Spring Park Community Center (garland) or Myers Park Event Center (mckinney). Both I think around 1500 to rent the ceremony (outside) site & recpetion room (inside). However both are pretty much blank canvas....all you get is venue, table and chairs.
  • Options
    Big Thicket is a different venue than Winfrey Point.  There is a long wood bar where the food could go and a kitchen area where the extra food could be kept until it was time for it to come out.  It is definitely for a small, less formal wedding though.  Its max is listed as 50 & that def looks like its max to me.  That's why we had to pass it up.
  • Options
    nydjaimenydjaime member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013

Fort Worth rents out parks and such for only $35.00 for 4 hours and $10.00 for each additional hour. That includes the Water Gardens!! You could have your ceremony there and the reception somewhere at a nearby restaurant in Downtown for that guest count.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    The Willow Lake Gardens is fabulous if you don't mind a barn setting! 1800 total for the ceremony and reception site. Definitely worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards