Flowers
Options

Flower quote...too high?

I recently recieved a quote from a florist. This is the first quote I have recieved, so it's not set in stone or anything, but since I know little about flowers, I thought I would try you ladies! :)The cost is just over $2,000 and it includes:1 bride bouquet hand-tied w/white roses, white cymbidium orchids w/fushia center, accents of deep pink spray roses and greenery, wrapped in white satin ribbon6 bridesmaid bouquets hand tied w/8 hot pink roses, accents of greenery, lemon leaves, wrapped w/black satin ribbon8 boutonnieres made of a hot pink rose & greenery1 groom boutonniere made of mini cymbidium orchid w/greenery4 pin on corsages for mom's and gram's made of one white rose w/accent of filler & greenery6 pew bows made of clusters of pink hydrangeas and hot pink gerbera daisies, accent of greenery, tied with black satin bows1 arrangement for the altar made of hot pink and white flowers: snap dragons, stock, roses, gerbera daises, etc. (this arrangement is going to also be used at the reception for the gift table)approx 17 centerpieces for reception tables - 6 inch clear glass bowls filled w/pink hydrangea, hot pink mini gerbera daisies, deep pink spray rosescake topper to match the bouquetsThey are throwing in a bouquet to toss for free as long as they get a picture for their albums of us with our flowers. Do you think my quote is right on or too much?Thanks! :)

Re: Flower quote...too high?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that quote sounds pretty good for the flowers you're using and the amount of centerpieces you need. Does this price also include delivery and set up?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It does include delivery and set-up.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then I think you're getting a good deal. If you're worried about the price being too high then meet with a couple of other florists and see what they say. But make sure that you tell them the same flowers so you can accurately compare.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds pretty good. If you want to cut back some, you might just put one gerber daisy in the clear glass bowl to float. It will cut back some of the extra centerpiece costs. I think your flowers sound beautiful. You can always ask the florist for ways to still look nice, but cut some costs. Of course you can price other florists as well. Just becareful you still have good quality, not just cheap. Good Luck
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good to me. I do agree with pp, shop around a bit if you are uncomfortable.
  • Options
    jmorri26jmorri26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those flowers and the large quantity of them, thats getting off cheap I'd think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What state are you getting married in...I'm in CT and my quotes have been 3-4K for that much!!I say go for it, sounds like a great deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards