Flowers
Options

Advice Please!

My wedding colors are yellow, hot pink, and orange (for now :P) . I'm not quite sure what kinda flowers I should choose for my wedding? I've looked at daisies and for awhile I like them, but now I'm not sure if thats what i want to do. I want my wedding to have a romantic feel to it. I plan on having the ceremony outside and the reception inside. So any ideas of what kind of flowers might work is greatly appreciated.

Re: Advice Please!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colors weren't the same as yours (pink and green) but I did have my ceremony outside and reception inside. I had no idea what I wanted so I just told the florist I wanted it to look "soft". Look through my wedding bio, I think it might b the look you're going for (with the exception of the colors).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eas2730eas2730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi. Daisies are sweet. If you like daisies, you can go bigger and brighter with gerbera daisies. They have a bright and lush look to them. Orange arum lilies are also nice and have yellow in them as well, would have more of a romantic feel than gerbera daisies or regular daisies would. I would look in magazines and on wedding sites at bouquet pictures for ideas. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Cala. I dont want the wedding to be to informal. I want it to have a romantic feel to it. Im go check out the different types of lillies and see if i fall in love. Thanks so much for ur help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a lot of bright colors. it might be difficult to use them all the same way.I wanted 2 bright colors, purple and red, so i used one color for all the linens, ribbons and bridesmaid dresses (purple) and one for the flowers (red). that way they pop without looking too circus-y.For a romantic look, I would use mainly peonies and roses, with some lilies for a bit of texture.  You could do yellow dresses and linens with pink peonies, pink and orange roses, and orange lilies.  Or, pink dresses/linens with yellow peonies, yellow and orange roses, and orange lilies. Try fiftyflowers.com for more ideas on different flowers and color options.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    alliejo725alliejo725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My colors also aren't the same as yours (pink and navy), but we're doing peonies--which come in every shade of pink and have big, luscious blooms that could give off that romantic feel you want. Another good option is dahlias, which come in every color. To me, they resemble a cross between a carnation and a daisy, but look more sophisticated than both. And then there are always roses... IMO, it might be difficult to do a "romantic" wedding with such bright colors. I think if you used deeper shades of those same colors (i.e. gold, magenta or plum, and burnt orange), you would achieve a more romantic feel.
    VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would second peonies for the bright pink blooms. Also, florists can make tight bunches of carnations that look like one big ruffled flower, you can get carnations in any color and they're pretty inexpensive. A more expensive option might be to try tropical flowers, but they're maybe not as romantic looking.
  • Options
    jbent04jbent04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Roses always have a romantic, formal look to them, and you can get them with all of those colors. There's a beautiful rust orange that would add a great punch of color to a bouquet (I've been in weddings with them with green or blue hydrangeas). There is also a calla lily that matches the orange. Of course roses come in yellow and pink too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try these blooms1. ranunculus, they come in many colors, look similar to roses but are tight compact bloom.2. football mums, they are huge, lovely in yellow, and you wouldn't need many3. azalea plants, sort of untraditional, but make lovely arrangements4. tulips (especially parrot tulips, turkish tulips,), come in a myriad of colors, and are beautiful.4. english and garden roses have nice yellow colors5. narcissus, beautiful yellow color6. poppies, cute flower, pops with color7. coxcomb is a different flower, but vivid orange color8.  sweet peas comes in a soft pink, may look pretty to break up the hot pink9. hydrangeas are pretty, come in a soft pink plus other colors(again), big bloom so you don't need many, packs a punch10. phalaenopsis orchids in hot pink11. gladiolas in pink12. dalhias are pretty13. zinnias are amazing I love flowers (my floral budget shows it) so I hope this helps.
  • Options
    mizu22mizu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my colors were hot pink and orange with a bit of lime green as an accent. i used daises because they come in those colors and looked great. my bouquet also had spray roses and circus roses. i would recommend gerbera daises because they look great in those hot colors but it is up to you :)
  • Options
    steviekaysteviekay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another nice option is Alstromeria they look like tiny lillies and come in all different colors. They are very durable and will hold up all day long. Sweet peas are a nice flower but aren't very durable and can wilt very fast. I worked for a florist several years ago and a bride ordered sweet peas for a July wedding and they didn't last long at all once out of water because of the intense heat. The alstromeria look great mixed with roses and many other options like hydrangeas, which can be sprayed with floral paint to match any color scheme! Good luck! 
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you might want to 'test drive' some flower combinations at home before you settle on anything. this is also a good way to check out florist's work as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dahalias would be perfect or gerber daisies as you could get as many different colors as you wanted. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for ur opinions. I will be looking into all of your ideas and hopefully I'll find something. Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    why don't you pick one of your colors (like yellow) for the main aspects of the bouquet, and then have accents in the other colors. like, you could have yellow roses or gerbera daisies with orange or pink berries or small flowers in those colors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Ginny. That bouquet is really pretty... I like... LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristi, I was dealing with the same color and flower issues when i was planning my wedding. I changed my color scheme so many times b/c I didn't want to use daisies either b/c I didn't think they were romatic enough. BUT I still wanted the bright colors. I ended up with roses. Check our my bio for my wedding slideshow. The colors I ended up with were bright pink, turquoise, and then black/white Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards