Flowers

Doing your own flowers???

Has anyone thought of arranging their own flowers? I am planning on doing my own flower arrangements for my reception, but was wondering about my bouquets too. I love the flowers I have picked out at the florist, but I'm just not sure if I want to push it too far.
My reception flowers are going to be zinnias and coszmos in mason jars. I have always loved these flowers and it has been a dream of mine to have them for my reception (both my Dad and I like to plant these flowers in our gardens and have done so for years), that is where I got my idea of doing the mason jars with the fresh cut flowers.

Re: Doing your own flowers???

• edited December 2011
    I had originally planned to do this, but after I was the MOH in a wedding where they DIY'd flowers (centerpieces + bouquets), I decided against it.  Unlike most other DIY projects, you're always committing yourself to a big task the day before the wedding in order to use fresh flowers.  In the wedding I mention, the MOB had to miss the rehearsal dinner in order to rush & finish the florals.  I just didn't want to cause anyone that level of stress and opted to purchase these instead and found other ways to save.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our own and I'm glad that we did. We ordered from Sams Club and my BMs helped me put them together a day or two before the wedding. It really isn't hard to do at all. Get some practice flowers from the grocery store and see what you like. Watch some youtubes to see how it is done. It took us an evening to do, but we had pizza and wine and good music and we saved a ton of money. 
    Photobucket
  • I'm also thinking about doing the flowers, but wanted to hear from other brides about their experience with this. Especially since I want a lot of flowers. I've been watching youtube videos from Michael Gaffney about how arrange center pieces, and make bouquets. We live 20 min from the flower district in downtown LA, so it would be a huge money saver. Any advice on doing your own flowers?
  • @acarlson6161, this thread is almost 3 years old. I wouldsuggest asking this question on your local board. You are likely to get some helpful answers there! Good luck!

@KnotPorscha, can we close the zombie thread?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards