Flowers

DIY centerpieces

Trying to save $$$$, so does any know of a way I can create this myself? Or a place in Chicago that will do this for $? Or a place to buy the roses myself for $? Thank you!!!!

Re: DIY centerpieces

• This would be a question for your local board. To the left <------------ there is a link for "Local wedding boards", click on that and ask about local options there.

As far as doing it yourself, you'd have to buy the glass vases, if you could find them for rental you'd probably pay as much as purchasing them. You can get roses in bulk from multiple internet floral providers. I used Costco.com for our centerpiece flowers. Sam's Club sells them, as do other sites like fiftyflowers.com. The first picture you have shows roughly 2-3 dozen roses plus greenery and willow. The second one has more flowers, looks like at least 3-4 dozen flowers for each arrangement. Most onsite floral vendors I'm familiar with supply 100 roses in the neighborhood of $75-$90. One box of 100 roses then gets you roughly 2-4 arrangements depending on how full you want them, plus the fillers.

If you are doing something that elaborate, you have the requirement of getting them to the reception venue, something else to consider when you DIY anything. This may entail having a DOC (Day of wedding Coordinator), which then requires additional money. If the venue you have contracted with has someone overseeing the event, they may not agree to set up your flowers.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards