Flowers

Vases for Centerpieces??

Do you provide your own vases to the florist to make your centerpieces, or is this something they include based on what you say you'd like, vase-wise??  I'm clueless!
Anniversary

Re: Vases for Centerpieces??

• edited December 2011
    Depends on your florist...I would say most of the time that is included in the cost, but if they aren't something you want to buy, you may be able to rent them from the florist.
    Also, are you buying "centerpieces" from your florist or flowers from your florist.  If you are just buing flowers, I would not expect flower "holders" to be included!
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We rented our vases from our florist and it was included in our cost.  Talk to your florist about options.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whether to buy or rent the florist's vases, or to use  your own is negotiable. You just have to compare the prices to find out which is most convenient and affordable in your particular situation.

You will probably have to pay a little more if you buy vases from a florist, due to their mark-up.  There are a lot of on-line sources for vases, or possibly find another bride that is selling some. 

Don't forget what you will do with the vases after the wedding.  Gather up and return or store them, sell them, donate, or give them away.
  • Monia2710Monia2710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Most of the time, the centerpieces you & your florist come up with do not include the vases. Florists usually allow you to rent them. I've considered renting but decided that buying my vases would be more cost efficient. Theres alot of wholesale websites selling vases for pretty reasonable costs, it all depends on the type of vase you decide to go with.
    For instance, tower vases tend to be cheaper than cylinder vases. And as for what you can do with them after the wedding, I'm actually going to be giving out my centerpieces to my guests as an extra on top of the favors they'll already have on the tables. I'll probably end up sticking a sticker under one plate at each table and whoever ends up sitting there gets to take that entire centerpiece home that night. I thought this would be a better idea than ending up with 50 to 60 vases after the flowers die.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards