Flowers

What is this called?

Hi all I've been looking at this cone decoration for my ceremony but what is the cone part made of? Burlap?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sorry in advance if this turns out big D:
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What is this called?

• TheVirginiansTheVirginians member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    Unsure, but it could be burlap wrapped with grapevines. . Can you take the pic to Michaels n ask one of their floral designers?
  • the cone idea itself is called a cornocopia
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_what-is-this-called?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:14fd8555-51d2-4e36-b6cb-0a011574893bPost:e0feeecf-6b1e-4746-a833-e401b7551419">Re: What is this called?</a>:
    [QUOTE]the cone idea itself is called a cornocopia
    Posted by megannarciso[/QUOTE]
     It looks like spaghum moss (sp?) wrapped with twine to me. 
  • Hard to tell what that is. It may be weathered burlap
  • It is a daker colored burlap wrapped with some kind of dried vine. Not grape vine, those are thicker and not very strong for holding something like this together. It's for sure not sphagnum moss, that is too fluffy and wouldn't hold this shape without more support.
  • You can buy sheets of decorative moss at the craft store (and dollar store here).  I imagine that it's wrapped around florists foam to keep the flowers fresh.  You could secure it with straight pins in the back and use any pliable vines or a ribbon to decorate it with.  Hope it turns out well!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards