Flowers

Help!! I need Ideas!!

I haven't really fell in love with any bouquets for me or my bridesmaids.  Here's the specifics:
colors-black & white with red as accent color, 08-03 wedding, in church, real flowers.  Any suggestions??  Please send pics!!!!!

Re: Help!! I need Ideas!!

• Did you try Google Imaging "red wedding bouquet"?  It's going to be hard for anyone to send you pics (there are a gazillion of them) with nothing more to go on other than "red." 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Do you have any flower preference?  Like do you love gerber daisies, roses, lilies, callas, orchids, etc?

Like Addie said, there are tons of bouquets our there so you need to give us a bit more detail so that we can help you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_help-i-need-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:16cb6de8-f932-4924-97a4-0a90e4612ca7Post:e456c037-c35f-4ee9-ae80-2223046d261d">Help!! I need Ideas!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't really fell in love with any bouquets for me or my bridesmaids.  Here's the specifics: colors-black & white with red as accent color, 08-03 wedding, in church, real flowers.  Any suggestions??  Please send pics!!!!!
    Posted by jsouth74[/QUOTE]

Try what PP suggested: look for a flower you like and work around that.

I found 2 specific flowers I loved (chocolate dahlia and light blue nigella) and I'm having my florist work off of that. I trust his taste and experience :)
  • Think of different things...
    style:  nosegay? hand-tied? cascade? wild & natural? tropical or garden look? etc.

with greenery?  ivy? bear grass? salal leaves? etc.

stems tied with ribbon?  add a bow? 

colors:  all white with a bit of red?  mostly red with some white?  red, white and add yellow? jewel tones?, etc.

favorite flower:  roses? orchids? zinnia? peony? etc,

Fiori della Vita, a fresh flower market in Rocky River, Ohio
  • You could take my idea and insert red roses where I had orange. ;)http://happinessiscreating.com/my-wedding/ .  My bouquests were super cheap (i did them myself and bought from a local grovery store).

• Have a consult with a florist and if you are not stuck on a type of flower, they can suggest flowers that are in bloom in your area during the season. I met with 2 florists and both steered me away from "late spring" flowers since my wedding is in late June. They told me enough flowers are available in season in New England in late June, that it makes sense to go with something that will be more budget friendly. I'm sure for an August wedding, plenty of flowers will still be in season and affordable. I know you didn't mention price, but I think if you don't have your heart set on a specific bloom, keep your options open. Good Luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards