Flowers
Options

purple/fall flower bouquets

Hi Everyone! I am having a really hard time choosing flowers for the girls bouquets for my wedding. The girls are wearing eggplant purple strapless dresses. The wedding is end of September so sorta fallish but I wanted to incorporate the purple color into their flowers. Anyone have ideas? I love the idea of oranges and purples together but not sure it it is enough, maybe looking for a third color to make it pop or something....soooo overwhelmed and confused.

Re: purple/fall flower bouquets

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that a deep blue would look nice or a yellow..
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My colors for my Oct wedding are: orange and red with hints of purple and yellow. The girls will be in deep purple and will carry orange/red bouquets with a little yellow and greenery. I will have the same colors but with purple to tie it all in. Very fallish.

I'm using mango calla lilies, circues roses(gives the hint of yellow), Protea, kangaroo paw, alstromeria, purple stock, hypericum berries, spider mums, solidago.

You can also consider purple statice, lisanthus, hydrangea, gerbera daisies, sunflowers, & asiatic lilies.

Kind of like this but with brighter purple:

Anniversary
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    if you want to stay withing the purple range of color I would suggest a variety of purples with the majority of the flowers in shade lighter than the girls dark purple dresses. Otherwise you will not see the bokays very well. add a butterscotch or a terra cotta color with even a touch of an orange or yellow berry. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards