Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

AW Thursday

Typing and simultaneously patting self on the back for sticking to my diet and getting up at the butt crack of dawn to workout so i can fit into my dress by Dec. 1st, which is the first fitting with Becky Fowler. Fell in love with a dress and it was on super sale so I bought it inthe only size thay had which was a 6 (fret) annnnd I was a size 12. Already down to a size 8 and have lost 16 elle-bees and feeling great about the progress.

Size 6 you better watch your back!!

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c96c0b7-714a-4cdc-aef7-41ef68402612Post:464c028f-0a4f-4a3a-8de6-fb218b123c1e">AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Typing and simultaneously patting self on the back for sticking to my diet and getting up at the butt crack of dawn to workout so i can fit into my dress by Dec. 1st, which is the first fitting with Becky Fowler. Fell in love with a dress and it was on super sale so I bought it inthe only size thay had which was a 6 (fret) annnnd I was a size 12. Already down to a size 8 and have lost 16 elle-bees and feeling great about the progress. Size 6 you better watch your back!!
    Posted by tiffanygoss[/QUOTE]

Dang, congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. How much time did that take for you?

My only AW is that I made it in and out of the SS office in one piece. That place is awful though. I went to the downtown FW location, and since I went with my friend yesterday and it took an hour (with an arrival time of 15 minutes after they opened)...we decided to get there right at their opening time today. It honestly didn't make a bit of a difference. It was actually MORE packed right at 9. So weird. But oh well, at least that's done!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats, Tiffany! That's not easy!

Congrats to you as well, ejheart! Were you able to keep both your middle name and maiden name, or were there space limits? (I'll likely be in the same position next year, and both my middle name and last name are pretty long.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c96c0b7-714a-4cdc-aef7-41ef68402612Post:fc9b088c-4f2d-47cf-b642-984652ce1db8">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Tiffany! That's not easy! Congrats to you as well, ejheart! <strong>Were you able to keep both your middle name and maiden name, or were there space limits?</strong> (I'll likely be in the same position next year, and both my middle name and last name are pretty long.)
    Posted by Stitch10[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was able to keep them both! She didn't say anything about space limits, but just for reference my new middle name is 13 characters including the space. :) Tomorrow I'll be onto the DMV so we'll see if they give me any problems (since I've heard that sometimes they're actually the ones that have limitations by state). I'll keep you posted!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you!! :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c96c0b7-714a-4cdc-aef7-41ef68402612Post:fc9b088c-4f2d-47cf-b642-984652ce1db8">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Tiffany! That's not easy! Congrats to you as well, ejheart! Were you able to keep both your middle name and maiden name, or were there space limits? (I'll likely be in the same position next year, and both my middle name and last name are pretty long.)
    Posted by Stitch10[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thanks!! :) I started dieting in January and incorporated running about 2 months ago.
    Still have a little to go and tone tone tone!! :) The holidays are going to be HARD!!

FI had a similar experience with the SS office after he lost his wallet. Nightnare!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c96c0b7-714a-4cdc-aef7-41ef68402612Post:51edc868-1101-491b-9a50-a552342fd2a2">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to AW Thursday : Dang, congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. How much time did that take for you? My only AW is that I made it in and out of the SS office in one piece. That place is awful though. I went to the downtown FW location, and since I went with my friend yesterday and it took an hour (with an arrival time of 15 minutes after they opened)...we decided to get there right at their opening time today. It honestly didn't make a bit of a difference. It was actually MORE packed right at 9. So weird. But oh well, at least that's done!
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I also got my name changed today!  EJHEART, after reading yesterday that you forgot your marriage license I kept telling myself not to forget...and of course I forgot.  Was 5 min from dowtown FW SS office and had to go back home.  I got there @ like 930 and was out by 1015.  It really wasn't that bad!  Warning with the DMV.  I went after SS office to the Jacksboro Hwy location.  Waited an hour and when changing the name the girl said she could not change my middle name and had to keep it as is.  Which was not what my SS card shows.  So when I left I called my sister who said they changed her middle name.  I ended up having to go back up to DMV to have a mgr fix the error!! Just be persistant if they wont change your middle name to match your ss card.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_aw-thursday-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c96c0b7-714a-4cdc-aef7-41ef68402612Post:c4480d72-717f-483d-a202-0abfa524f4ef">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also got my name changed today!  EJHEART, after reading yesterday that you forgot your marriage license I kept telling myself not to forget...and of course I forgot.  Was 5 min from dowtown FW SS office and had to go back home.  I got there @ like 930 and was out by 1015.  It really wasn't that bad!  Warning with the DMV.  I went after SS office to the Jacksboro Hwy location.  Waited an hour and when changing the name the girl said she could not change my middle name and had to keep it as is.  Which was not what my SS card shows.  So when I left I called my sister who said they changed her middle name.  I ended up having to go back up to DMV to have a mgr fix the error!! Just be persistant if they wont change your middle name to match your ss card.
    Posted by kel50785[/QUOTE]

That's so funny...we were most definitely there at the same time! I didn't get out of there until about 9:50. I guess the secret is NOT to get there right when they open, haha. Thank you for the tip on the DMV. I was actually planning on going to that location, and I have read (from my googling) that a lot of people have to get pushy with the Texas DMV's in general. Not sure what the deal is with that...
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards