Flowers
Options

Wholesale flowers-roses

We're getting married on the beach about 12 hours away from where we live.  I am having my girlfriends hand me a rose for my bouquet as my parents walk me over the sand dune to the minister and FH.  I want to pick up wholesale roses on the way to the destination.  I see there is COSTCO and Sam's Club on our way about 3 hours out.  Is this even possible?  I mean, can I order them wholesale and pick them up in the store???  If so, has anyone used either place for bulk/wholesale roses?  Did you have a good or bad experience????  Help!  I hope we don't have to drive 12+ hours with 100 roses in the car!  LOL
So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wholesale flowers-roses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you can have Sam's Club roses mailed to you.  Could you have them mailed to your destination?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have to have them delivered to our home and then drive them 12+ hours because we're getting married on Monday.  The wholesale flower places will deliver Friday and not again until Tuesday!  Soooooo...here I am...drive for hours in the car with them or hope I can pick them up somewhere close...like Norfolk VA! 
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If there is a Costco or Sam's club near your ceremony location, call ahead. The Costco I go to has someone that arranges their flowers and puts them in the fresh flower display on a regular basis. She was doing this once when I was there picking some flowers out, and she said to let her know anytime I needed something special.

You could also call the Costco or Sam's Club near your ceremony site and ask them when the flowers are replenished or replaced, or the name of the local contact who does this.

Alternatively, you could have them delivered to your home or the venue from an internet order. I ordered 100 roses for my Mom's birthday back in January, from shipping in Ecuador to her home was 3 days, and once they arrived we followed the directions that came with them, and they lasted at least another 7 days without drooping. If you have them delivered to your home, arrange for delivery a day or two before you leave, follow the directions, then put them in water for the trip. They should be fine.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards