Flowers
Options

DIY Flowers

I am ordering my flowers in bulk from Costco and am trying to get a rough estimate of how many I will need.  I have 4 bridesmaids (medium size bouquets) and 21 dinner tables (8 person size).  I will be doing a mix of roses, hydrageas, and peruvian lillies for each.  Any help would be appreciated!

Re: DIY Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    centerpieces... 3 hydrangeas,  6 roses and 6 alstromeria  each  

bridesmaids , 2 hydrangeas, 10 roses and 7 alstromeria each

bride 3 hyds , 15 roses and whatever else.. 
    Hope it helps

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Maggie-- do some mockups! This helped me in so many ways. You can see the sizing and how the colors will blend, but you will also be able to practice! If you are DIYing flowers, practice is a must. You can also get an idea by heading to the craft store and looking at fake flowers. Put them together and count how many you want to use in your real pieces.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Midegemoto's numbers sound pretty spot on...but have you done any mock-ups yet of the bouquets or centerpieces?  If not, I would suggest doing this...this way you will see the sizes and if you want to decrease or increase the number of flowers in each.  Also, when you order flowers, make sure to order a few extras just in case there is some breakage or not so pretty blooms.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I am going to try expirementing with the fake flowers to get a sense of what it will look like, great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you able to get the hydrenga's from costco also? i know they have roses.
  • Options
    Yes, they have the roses and hydrangeas - yay Costco!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards