Flowers
Options

Hydrangeas?

Hey girls,
So my wedding colors are Navy and Fushia. I have white table linens and a navy runner on all the tables. I am DIYing my flowers and had a "vision" of having all pink flowers in vases, however, I think this is going to cost more than I wanted to spend.

Anyway, I am leaning towards something simpler and think that hydrangeas will be more cost effective since they are bigger and take up more space, and are a lot cheaper. 

Has anyone used hydrangeas as centerpieces on their own? How many stems do you think I would need? I know it would depend on the vase size, but we have 72 inch round tables and want the centerpiece to look big enough to match the table.

Sorry it's long, but TIA!!

Re: Hydrangeas?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't but I think 3 would be a decent size.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love hydrangeas, but it depends on the shape & size of your vase. If you are using short round or square vases, I'd agree 3 would work. If you are using tall vases, they might wilt, and would need some wiring to hold them up. You could also mix in baby's breath and carnations, both of which are inexpensive.

Good luck.
  • Options
    MrsRegis2BMrsRegis2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, 3 bunches/stems should be plenty, especially if they are full blooms. We are using purple hydrangea bunches, two/three green orchids and sliced limes for 15 centerpieces. Simple, small and colorful!
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are leaning towards hydrangeas as well. We will be using square short vases with 3 stems in each.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting ours from Sam's Club.  They had the best prices by far.

I have heard that you need 3-5.  I would plan on ordering about 4 for each table, because they do vary in size.

If you add some votive candles around the vases, the arrangement will appear larger.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had them for her wedding and our bouquets wer wilting before the ceremony started. I hated them! Her bouquet was huge and fancy and our was a wilting mess.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards