Flowers
Options

Help! Florist screwed me a month before the wedding!

Hey.  I just got off the phone with the company I ordered my flowers from and found out I have a total nightmare on my hands.  I did a ton of research and decided on Rosesource.com for my flower needs.  I worked with a very helpful woman who designed me a custom wedding in a box order. 

The site advertised that they did custom wedding in a box orders so this was nothing unusual, and they had ones online that were similar in scale to what I was looking for at the same price. 

I did all this in early December.  I gave them my credit card info in March for the deposit.  I was told my final payment would be do by the end of June. 

So a week ago I called and was told that it looked like Carla had not actually processed my card and that he would have to call me back after checking with accounting.  I never got a call back so I logged onto the site today and started talking to the live chat help.  They just left me sitting there forevor to the point I even asked if anyone was still there, and they didn't even respond.  So finally I gave up and called them. 

I was then told that I could not have what I ordered, that the lady who originally helped me didn't work there any more, and that it would be $100 more for a package that is no where near as nice as what I had ordered. 

I asked why they would not honor my order or at least offer me something else at the same price, and she told me it would be, "very unprofessional of her to offer something there was no way she could deliver at that price."  No, what is unprofessional is selling someone a product then not even attempting to contact them and after they track you down telling them you will not deliver said product and that they will have to pay more money for a lesser product, and all of this a month before the wedding!

Sorry this is so long, but I felt it is important to share my experience with you so no one else gets burned by this company.  Stay away from rosesource.com!

Re: Help! Florist screwed me a month before the wedding!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I meant to ask, anyone have good reputable florists in the Chicago area for a lady on a tight budget?  (I know this is a national board, but it any of you do, thanks.)
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    PLEASE...do not refer to this company as a florist. They are NOT in any shape or form....

call Phillips flowers,they have a few different locations. Also City Scents in downtown. Most are probably booked but tell them your situation and I bet they will help.Just don't refer to the company online as a florist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just to clarify, I did read a ton of reviews and recomendations of this company before deciding to go with them, and I was using their florist designed package with the florist through them, not getting bulk flowers to do it myself. 

Thank you so much for the recommendations.  I will definitely check out those two places.  =)
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a credit card statement showing you paid the deposit? 

I have no suggestions on florists, but good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    edited December 2011
    let me clarify how these companies work. You talk to a sales person. Everything is made off of a formula that is on their computer. This order gets sent to a warehouse workshop where they have 100's of workers slamming together your order. Things are seldom what they seem when you order from a company like this. I still stand by my statement that these people are NOT florists.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

One good thing about paying with a credit card is that you can dispute the charge if they indeed charged you for the deposit.  Hopefully you got some kind of receipt, order form, or confirmation of the order you placed? 

Find a florist asap, or go to a local grocery store, Sam's Club, or Costco and see if they can whip you up a simple "carry out" wedding flower package.  Most can do this on fairly short notice, as long as they aren't booked up, and have time to order the flowers (usually about 10-15 days is long enough for a simple order).  Not the most glamorous way to go, but very affordable, and on your wedding day, you will be so busy you will hardly notice the flowers. 

• Options
    MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with flower_diva this i not a florist. It was very un professional of them but what do you expect from a big box place? It's just as bad as going to Sam's Club, Walmart or a grocery store. They all suck. You do need to find a small personally owned florist asap. Small florists are the best and they get the freshest flowers & do their best because their repuatation & job depends on it.  This big places like this one and all the others online and Sams Club & grocery stores can care less about you, your wedding, and what kind of flowers you get. And their prices are cheaper than a small florists because their flowers suck ( are old) and there is no one on one attention
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get flowers at Sam's Club all the time.  They aren't regular florists by any means, but the flowers there are actually fresher and longer lasting than the flowers I get from a local flower market/wholesaler. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're dealing with Patrick, the owner of the floral kiosk at Costco in Lincoln Park.  We're ordering the bouquets through him and picking them up in the store.  We purchased vases from CB2.

The bouquets are like $14.99 or $15.99 each and, because the vases are 9" cylinders, we're going to split the bouquets in 1/2. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_florist-screwed-month-before-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:2a0a22ab-1071-4808-be89-85e3eb6d5874Post:31de7ab9-f475-4d7f-bdc4-4d5b7de067e3">Re: Help! Florist screwed me a month before the wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]let me clarify how these companies work. You talk to a sales person. Everything is made off of a formula that is on their computer. This order gets sent to a warehouse workshop where they have 100's of workers slamming together your order. Things are seldom what they seem when you order from a company like this. I still stand by my statement that these people are NOT florists.
    Posted by flower_diva[/QUOTE]

Please understand that I mean no disrespect to quality florists and am not in any way saying this company is on the same level. Clearly this company sucks or I would not have started the thread. That said, I ordered a "professionally arranged" custom package from a company that had plenty of glowing reviews and positive ratings so I don't see the point of attacking me for choosing them or for calling them a florist. They ARE by definition of the word. "Florist," does not imply or speak to the quality of service provided in any way. As with anything, some are good, and some are bad. This one is bad, and this is why I am trying to warn others. But check the definition before you try to argue semantics. Definitions are set not by opinion. They sell arranged flowers; by definition that makes them a "florist," and I certainly never said they were good or in any way compared them to a high quality florist. That's the whole point. Merriam-webster: "Florist Main Entry: flo·rist Pronunciation: \ˈflȯr-ist, ˈflär-\ Function: noun Date: 1623 : a person who sells or grows for sale flowers and ornamental plants — flo·rist·ry \-ə-strē\ noun" Oxford English dictionary: "florist flo·rist noun a person who sells and arranges plants and cut flowers"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did find a local florist who is wonderful and is doing exactly what I want at a LOWER price than I had originally ordered the package from rosesource at. So it all worked out for the best. I ended up going with Mai at Lake View Florist. She is wonderful and had great suggestions and got everything I was going for. She is a true delight, and I am happy to have my business going her way. http://www.lakeviewflorist.com/ I highly recommend her to anyone in Chicago who might be looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards