Flowers
Options

Help!!!! Flowers....

Ok ladies!  I need some advice..my bridesmaid dresses are an aqua chiffon...and in natural light they look more like a light blue..if you use a flash close up it looks more like an "aqua"  All the flowers I can find are pretty much light blues, etc.  I have put both pictures up beside the flowers and tne natural light dress matches..the one with the flash not so much..do you think i should get the flowers anyway or just settle for ivory for all my bridesmaids???? I am soo confused right now!!!! Aqua is a really hard color to match especailly since the dresses arent here yet..

Re: Help!!!! Flowers....

• Options
    I'm a little confused, but I say go with the aqua dresses and more neutral flowers.  That's just my advice.
  • Options
    I like a contrast with the dress. If you're wearing ivory, then I think your BM's would look nice carrying ivory. You could carry a mix of white, ivory, blue and aqua. I recommend you talk to your florist, too, as they usually can give you out of the box ideas as well as traditional ideas.
  • Options

Maybe you could add some "aqua" colored greens like eucalyptus, and an aqua ribbon to pull it together.

Fiori della Vita, a fresh flower market in Rocky River, Ohio
  • Options
    Don't try and match the color of the flowers to the dresses.  1) the colors will never match unless you buy silk flowers and spray them to (which is just hideous) and 2) if you do match the flowers to the dress the flowers will not be noticeable.  They will just melt into the dress and then become pointless.

I am not sure what your other colors are but I would do something that stands out against the dress rather then matches the dress.

• Options
    Ditto Maggie - you want your flowers to contrast with the dress, not match it.  And since there are no aqua flowers in nature, I'm not surprised that you're having trouble.  Hot pink or coral both look good with aqua if those colors work for you.
  • Options

yellow or purple also look nice with aqua
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards