Flowers
Options

is it true?

also posted on diy board
for those who submerged flowers in cylinders, is it true you have to use distilled water? I will be using real orchids!! I heard bubbles would form if I used tap water. can someone please confirm? thank you

Re: is it true?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Regular cool water is fine... Let it sit for a while to release the oxygen.  the orchids will probably try to float so you'll probably need a candle or have to fiddle with them a bit... 
    the longer they stay in the water the more they will sink and take on water... 
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will need to submerge the flowers somehow so they do not float.  One way (I'm doing this) is to use river rocks.  Another thing you could do is (if you can reach the bottom of the vase) glue fishing string to the bottom and secure it to the flower at whatever height you want the flowers.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Plain, from the tap water is fine.  To prevent the flower from floating, my suggestion would be to submerge the entire orchid stem...this will give it the weight it needs to stay in the water.  Also make sure not to use too wide of a vase, this way when you submerge the stem the flowers will be slightly pressed against the sides of the vase which will hold it down as well.  I love orchids and they do great submerged!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards