Flowers
Options

Blue Roses BULK/DIY/Pre-Made

For my wedding I'm doing a large blue rose bridal bouquet and white rose maid bouquets. The white bouquets are easy enough, but who knows where I can get dark blue roses (that look real, not like hobby lobby stuff) to make my own or where I can order one?

This is the color I'm aiming for:

I've looked into WedIdeas.com, but I'm really trying to keep my costs down. Suggestions?
Scott & Tara
eng. 07-05-10
mar. 09-10-11

Re: Blue Roses BULK/DIY/Pre-Made

• Options
    edited December 2011
       I'm not trying to sound mean, but I just don't think it's possible to find a real-looking blue rose. They don't occur in nature, so they have to be fake or dyed. Maybe you could do white roses with blue accent flowers? Delphinium, forget-me-nots, cornflower and hydrangeas all come in blue naturally.
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my roses sprayed with floral paint (real).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    girls,be ever so careful when dealing with dyed  flowers,I make my brides sign a waiver because I do not want to be held responible for permanent stains on their wedding dress....
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    mrs jesse you are wrong ...they are dyed. as of this time there are no genentically altered roses that are blue or any shade that even comes close.Floragene has been working on it but so far have not succeeded. They are the comany that developed the vibrant purple carnation by using the genes from a petunia.
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's one of mine.  About 2 minutes after it was sprayed it was completely dry. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards