Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

The Atrium at the Granville Arts Center

Has anyone been to (or held) a wedding at the Atrium at the Granville Arts Center in Garland? It looks like our original venue is falling through (long story that I'd LOVE to share later) and my DOC recommends the Atrium.

It looks really really cool and the prices are good. It also got great reviews on weddingwire.com. And they're free on my date! I'm just concerned because it's 25 minutes from Dallas, where we'd want to get a block of rooms for our many out of town guests.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Atrium at the Granville Arts Center

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What was your orginal venue?  Maybe we can help suggest something similar?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather not say until me make a new decision... Let's just say it's the newer of two properties in South Dallas owned by the same man. Trust me, once we have this all figured out, I'll have a great story for you...

With the loss of our deposit, most other venues are too pricey... like example, Hickory Street Annex and Old Red. We have a large guest list and are looking for venues that can hold at least 200 guests. We also want to have the ceremony at the same location. I've emailed and called Three Three Three First Avenue (the coordinator was out today.)

The other catch is that we have already booked our caterer (CN) and we don't want to lose another deposit.

Thanks!
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Atrium is a lovely venue!  Also, have you checked out the Ruthe E Jackson center in Grand Prairie?  It's pretty affordable with an outdoor garden ceremony space and an indoor ballroom, I think it holds up to 250 or 300...
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didn't Kris just get married here?  Or am I totally mistaken?  Maybe if she did, she'll chime in.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stephie- I thought the same thing when I saw this post, so I don't think you're mistaken.  
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Texas Discovery Gardend at Fair Park. It seems pretty similar and is in Dallas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and what about the Filter Building, Donna just got married there and it was really pretty.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah Discovery Gardens would be great, I think it holds up to 300.

Filter Building would be really tight for your guest list, it holds 200 max (probably 160 max if you want a dancefloor).
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to try Discovery Gardens, email TODAY.  I tried to get it for this June last May and it was already booked for every weekend this month.  Also, email was the best way to get a response in my experience (I never got a phone call returned).  It is a BEAUTIFUL venue, though.  Was my first choice.  

I also love the Filter Building.  Seen some great set-ups there.  
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the wedding Shannon had at the Texas Discovery Gardens.  And of course the Filter Building is great. But if the OP is getting married in June then I guess an outdoor ceremony is out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!!! I got married there on the 12th!
    We had our ceremony out on the courtyard, it was super short and the trees provided just enough shade! I loved it there, the two sides encased in windows are what sold us on the venue. Matt was always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I would definitely recommend it!!!
    kristelajose-105 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at The Atrium and probably would have gone with it but my FI LOVED Old Red from the time we got there, so we decided to spend a little more to go with Old Red.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'm definitely going to check out the places y'all mentioned.

Kris - I'm glad to hear you had a great experience. I'm excited to go visit it.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions for you, I just wanted to say that I can't wait to hear your story, my curiosity is piqued!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

MsLaura31 - I just looked at Three Three Three First Avenue and its really pretty. I love the view.  I hadn't heard of that venue before.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ewinkler - I think it looks pretty too! But I still haven't heard back from them...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards