Flowers
Options

If using real, what will you do with your bouquet afterwards?

NFT
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: If using real, what will you do with your bouquet afterwards?

• Options
    edited December 2011

We'll be taking it to his grandmother's gravesite.  We are getting married on what would have been his grandparents' 56th anniversary!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't even remember what happened to it.  I know I used it on the cake table during the reception and I have pics of me leaving with it.  It was beautiful but I wasn't emotionally attached to it or anything.  And I got lots of pics like Mrs. Jesse said.
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave it to my mom and she displayed it in her house until it wilted.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats a great thing to do with it. Im sure it means a lot to him and his family.  :o)
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My sister had hers preserved.  It cost 3 times what the bouquet cost and it just sat on the top shelf of her closet for 5 years.  Then they got divorced, so she just threw it away.  To me, the pictures are the preservation, so I'll just toss mine after the wedding...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of these posts are quite old...however I found this awesome idea and have put in my order to reserve my spot.  It's a website called Flowers Into Paintings www.flowersintopaintings.com.  Granted it is a bit pricey, but I want something more useful and meaningful then drying my flowers and putting them in a shadowbox or other display method.  It also gave me the idea of what to give my MOH for a gift.  It won't be a surprise since I wanted to check with her before placing the order, because for me a gift of $125 that someone won't like is such a waste!   It will take 7-8 months after my flowers are shipped after the wedding to actually get the painting, but it looks/sounds worth it!  I've attached samples from their website

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards