Flowers

mix colors?

My wedding colors are blue ("heron" by Watters to be exact) and chocolate brown. I don't really want to use a matching blue flower because it will blend too much into the girls' dresses and brown flowers are out.  I will probably carry an all-white bouquet, but I have not figured out what type of flowers yet (I love orchids, but they are too expensive to have in every flower arrangement) or what colors would be ok to incorporate into everything other than the bridal bouquet.  Thought about other shades of blue, not liking it.  Thinking about touches of pink.  I'm just not sure.  I don't want it to end up feeling like there are too many colors going on since the wedding theme itself already has 2 colors.  Any suggestions for flower type and/or color?
I'm not a rose, carnation, etc. person...I don't want typical wedding flowers.
Getting married in June.
THANK YOU

The first is my dress, the second is the top contender for BM dresses, the third is a more realistic color portrayal for the girls' dresses

Re: mix colors?

• edited December 2011
    greens with a touch or purple can be really pretty.  Also if you kile orchids really do check the prices of  dendrobium orchids... they are the long spray type and not much more expensive than roses... they come in geen purple and white and everything in between...   And a little goes a long way... one big cool leaf and 3 sprays of orchids in a nive vase makes a great statement... easy to work with too... 
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a few pictures I found...

Any of the above I would wrap with chocolate material/ribbon.
    What about yellow sunflowers with brown centers and some bits of blue...something like this but with bits of blue instead of pink/purple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards