Flowers
Options

boutonnieres

Our wedding is on the beach and I am trying to cut flower costs as much as possible.  That being said, I am debating whether I want to spend money on boutonnieres.  If my fiance wears a boutonniere does that mean that the groomsmen have to wear one?  Is it tacky to have just him wear one?  Thanks! 

Re: boutonnieres

• Options
    WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The guys could always wear pocket squares and completely forego flowers.....just a thought.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_boutonnieres-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:399d87e8-8ecb-46f4-b659-e74ce190bc1cPost:07560336-bb05-438c-845e-22ec8c922e7d">Re: boutonnieres</a>:
    [QUOTE]The guys could always wear pocket squares and completely forego flowers.....just a thought.
    Posted by WGaches[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea if all of the guys are wearing jackets.
    weddingcollage
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or even skip the squares.  No one will think it is weird.   Just a forewarning, bouts tend to run about $5 a piece, so it wont save you a ton of money.  To save, consider your BM's carrying a single rose or calla
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    plessjmplessjm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just the groom wearing one is fine. The guys typically take off their jackets after the ceremony and you never see the flowers again. But it is true you won't be saving any extraordinary amounts they typically only cost between 5-7 dollars to begin with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine if only the groom wears a boutonniere. As a guest I probably wouldn't notice one way or the other to tell you the truth.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't say I have been to a single wedding where I have paid attention to the groom, let alone the groomsmen ahaha!  I'm too busy admiring the dress, the shoes, the bling...  If it's a khaki and white shirt wedding, then I would forgo the bouts altogether
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards