Flowers
Options

Feathers in CenterPieces?

Good Afternoon,

I found a feather bouquet that I thought looked awesome!! My Fiancee and MOH don't think feathers go with a wedding.  I also thought maybe feathers and flowers for centerpieces.  Anyone's thoughts on Feathers and flowers? Or feathers themselves?? Our colors I think are going to be blue, red, and orange? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Feathers in CenterPieces?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't mind it but if they put up a lot of resistance maybe you could compromise. Do flowers for the ceremony and feather centerpieces for the reception?

It's a new trend and not a lot of people "get it." I caught a lot of flack for wanting colored shoes instead of the traditional white.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jillym31jillym31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea!! Thanks!! I didn't think of that?? I will talk to my fiancee and see what he thinks!! That was very helpful!!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Feathers are a growing trend, and I see pictures of feathers in wedding industry photos.  But I haven't seen any in person, so maybe this is why your FI and MOH are having trouble picturing it. 

I like the pp's suggestion of incorporating them in the centerpieces more than the WP flowers.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw a picture of a bouquet with feathers and I thought it was so cool! It's really dramatic and fun at the same time. For a while I wanted it but decided against it because my fiance really thought it was weird. When it comes down to it, the wedding is for both of you, and both of you should be comfortable with your surroundings. If he downright hates the idea, let it go. But maybe he's just confused and you can have a conversation about it. Maybe a compromise- you get cutting edge feathers, and he can wear his crazy socks (or whatever it is he really wants).
    And if compromise has to be the name of the game to get the feathers, my suggestion would be to go for the most subtle of your three colors, the blue. That way they are a cool touch, but not overwhelming.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used feathers in all the bouquets and bouts. I loved the look! We paired them with roses, so they still had a bit of classic/traditional feeling with a quirky edge.

Pics:

Why exactly don't your FI and MOH like feathers? Is it just because they've never seen it before? Feathers are a growing trend, and can still look classic instead of trendy.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a small amount of feathers under the flowers in my bouquet.  It's very elegant and a little different, without looking odd.  I don't normally care for the feather trend, but this struck me as soon as I saw it.

I don't like tall feathers in centerpieces.  It makes talking across the difficult, and seeing around it, rather irritating.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love feathers and flowers! I'm working on a post about it for my floral design blog, and there are SO many beautiful pictures out there.  I've seen it done every way from super subtly worked in and dainty to really over the top and borderline tacky "Platinum Weddings" style massive feather arrangements.  This may be a weird thing to link to because they're bouquets made of artificial flowers but this Etsy shop uses feathers in almost all of their bouquets and they're gorgeous for inspiration!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Ardesign
    I'll let you guys know when i post my entry on Floret Cadet about feathers in flowers and how to do it right
    Love and Flowers, http://www.floretcadet.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards