Flowers
Options

Hanging Pomander Balls! PLEASEEEEE HELP!

The church I'm getting married at has chairs similar to the one posted. I plan to have pomander balls hanging from them but I have no idea how to do so. If I damage the chairs with pins etc I will be charged. I'd love to use hooks but all the hooks I see would only allow the balls to hang to the back and not to the side of the chair. Any ideas?

Re: Hanging Pomander Balls! PLEASEEEEE HELP!

• Options
    Not really sure how you would damage the chair with a small baby pin.  That is unless the pomander ball weighs 50 pounds and it pulls the pin right out of the chair.

Honestly, I think you will be fine using a small baby pin to attache the pomander ball ribbon to the top of the chair.

But if you don't want to take that risk have you considered using a bit larger pomander and some petals on the floor?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_hanging-pomander-balls-pleaseeeee-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:3dc728b6-21bf-4aa6-bf28-a89c240dfeb6Post:2f9a76ab-b673-4097-aca2-03804a479782">Hanging Pomander Balls! PLEASEEEEE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The church I'm getting married at has chairs similar to the one posted. I plan to have pomander balls hanging from them but I have no idea how to do so. If I damage the chairs with pins etc I will be charged. I'd love to use hooks but all the hooks I see would only allow the balls to hang to the back and not to the side of the chair. Any ideas?
    Posted by Andama08[/QUOTE]

Who is your florist? They should have suggestions. If not call me Judith at Fox Bros Floral
    262-367-2922 or email <a href="mailto:foxbrosfloral@live.com" rel="nofollow">foxbrosfloral@live.com</a>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_hanging-pomander-balls-pleaseeeee-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:3dc728b6-21bf-4aa6-bf28-a89c240dfeb6Post:d4731901-e055-474b-9510-8bab57adfb93">Re: Hanging Pomander Balls! PLEASEEEEE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hanging Pomander Balls! PLEASEEEEE HELP! : Who is your florist? They should have suggestions. If not call me Judith at Fox Bros Floral 262-367-2922 or email foxbrosfloral@live.com
    Posted by foxbrosfloral92[/QUOTE]

FYI it is against The Knots TOS to advertise on here.  I would remove your floral information ASAP.  If not someone could report you for advertising and you will be banned.

• Options
    If the chair has a gap between where the seat meets the back of the chair, you can tie a ribbon vertically up the back of the chair. From that, you should be able to tie on your pomander with a loop of ribbon to hang from the top of the chair over the side. Hope I'm explaining this clearly. We've attached aisle markers to chairs like this with pins, but they were simple bows, and pomanders can get heavy so I can understand the concern for damaging the fabric on the chair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards