Flowers

White or Red Bouquets?

I'm having my girls all choose a floor length black dress of their choice. Will tie them together with a flower in each of their hair. Not sure what color bouquets to do, though- what are your thoughts?

Re: White or Red Bouquets?

• bidge24bidge24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

you could have the girls do one all solid color (either red or white) and have yours be a combination of both. i personally wouldn't want to carry all white flowers because they tend to blend in with your dress.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the all white for a bride- but I'm also not a fan of red & white flowers together, unless it's Valentine's Day (absolutely no idea where this feeling came from- it just screams Valentines Day to me!) :)
  • edited December 2011
    I chose for you to carry red and the BM's to carry white. I'm a fan of the bride carrying a monochromatic, bright color because it stands out against the dress and pulls the focus to you in all the pictures. My BM's are carrying ivory roses and I'm carrying eggplant calla lillies :)
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls are also going to be in floor length dresses. I am having them carry red and yellow roses and I'll be carrying all red roses. My colors are yellow, red, black and white.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think any of your choices will be lovely.  I know, not much help. 

I feel that the flowers should have enough contrast or continuity to compliment the people and in photos, but not so much they will overwhelm with too much of a "pop" of color.

I think people naturally look first at the bride's face and her attire/accessories as a whole, unless something else is obvious enough to distract their eye.  That, plus the elegance and "purity" of all white flowers make me slightly prefer white bouquets for the bride. 

You can get enough contrast in the bride's bouquet with using varying shades of pure white, off white, ivory, and other bouquet accents like pearls and crystals.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same conflict when I was considering black dresses. This was my color scheme also and I could NOT make up my mind either.  Just know that either will be lovely.  If it helps at all, I voted red for you, white for them.

I made my decision by seeing an actual wedding at my venue where the girls wore black and the bride did all white flowers and I LOVED the all white flowers so that is what I went with.  I ended up switching to champagne dresses though but kept the all white flowers.
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have already decided (I know, way in advance, there's a good reasoning behind it) that I am having red roses, FI will have a red rose boutenniere, the groomsmen and bridesmaids will all be white roses....

The reasoning - FI and I have both lost our fathers. I have always connected the red rose with my dad. I even have a tatttoo on my back of a cross with a red rose wrapped around it. For that reason one of the first decisions we had made between FI and I was how to include the red roses and where to include them :)
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big fan of the bride carrying white.

Also, just because you have one color doesn't mean you have to have one texture.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I think you're all right- either way, it'll be ok! For red I'm liking a combination of peonies and roses, in really deep vibrant red tones. I think the point about texture with white is a good point, as well! Thanks, ladies!

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the first post. Have the bridesmaids carry red (or white) & you can carry a combo of both! :)
    ~Natalie

October 2011, May Siggy: Honeymoon!!

My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards