Flowers
Options

Garden Roses vs "Regular" Roses

I'm DIYing my flowers, originally intending to order all of my my flowers from fiftyflowers.  I planned on doing simple hydrangea in terra cotta pot centerpieces and white garden roses with tweedia bouquets.  I was using garden roses because peonies would double my flower budget.  Now I'm looking into ordering the hydrangeas from BJs (FMIL has a membership), which would save me $300!  I can also order regular white roses from BJs for half the cost of garden roses from fifty flowers. 

I can't believe how much I'm struggling with such a simple decision.  I love the soft, romantic look of garden roses, but I don't know if I love it $150 much.  I just can't think rationally about wedding flowers anymore.

Can I have some outside opinions? Should I just cut my flower budget in half and go with BJs?

Re: Garden Roses vs "Regular" Roses

• Options
    Maybe get reviews on orders from BJ's, sometimes cheaper flowers means cheaper quality.  I know that garden roses are more expensive because they are a heartier variety and have the large bloom.  They also smell amazing.  I don't know if that helped at all, but if you need to cut your budget, you could always go with a cheaper source and order extras for back up. 
  • Options
    I'd consider doing half and half.  You'll still get the fragrance and romance of the garden roses.  Think of the hybrids as filler, they'll help bulk out the arrangements but the focus will still be on the garden roses.
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I do need to check out reviews of BJs.  Good call.

I originally budgeted for fifty flowers, so there's plenty of room cash-wise, but I'm always afraid of going bridzilla on some aspect of the wedding and realize afterwards that I didn't need to spend $900 on a custom Waterford crystal cake topper.  Our wedding is on a farm in late June, so they'll be lots of free greenery decorating the venue.  I just think garden roses are SO very pretty! I don't have many "dream wedding" wishes, but this was one of the few things that I really wanted.  We'll only be needing about 60 max, and the minimum order is 150, so we'll still have plenty to use a few in centerpieces and table decor. 

And yes KM, that helps a lot in justifying paying the extra cost. 
  • Options
    Get some reviews of BJs.  FWIW I ordered from fiftyflowers.com and was extremely satisfied with their flowers and service.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards