Flowers

Baby's Breath

I love the look of big bouquets of baby's breath....it's very rustic and earthy.  My bouquet will have succulents, dahlias and peonies.  I really want baby's breath for my bridesmaids, but I don't know if that will look cheap.  I've been seeing it more and more on wedding blogs, but is that weird?  Thoughts?  Be honest!

Here are some pics....

Re: Baby's Breath

• edited December 2011
    Love it!
  • emilyrosadoemilyrosado member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks rustic, not cheap. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but wrapping the stems in burlap with some pretty earth-toned ribbon. It'll save you on floral costs as well :)
  • edited December 2011
    I love baby's breath! It is totally rustic but so pretty. It reminds me of lace for some reason. We're getting married on a farm, sort of English garden feel, and I'm using baby's breath in our centerpieces. I don't think it's cheap looking at all. It's dramatic (if used like the bouquets in your pictures), pretty, and also much cheaper than other flowers!
    Photobucket
  • ralpineralpine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies! I agree....I just think I needed to hear it from someone else!   :)
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely! Half of my centerpieces are bouquets of baby's breath. I think it's simple and elegant.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    It especially looks good in large quantities - most people won't even realize it's baby's breath at first.  There are some great centerpiece shots on TK.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using them for bouquets, but am using them for the white paper cones down the aisle in our chapel. You can get them really inexpensively in large quantities at costco.com, and trust me, as someone who also has baby's breath in my garden, they are tough to kill, LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards