Flowers

Need advice - 2 quotes today

So I got two quotes by two highly recommended florists in the area today, basically for the same set up/flowers, etc... One was cheaper by close to $500, but I really liked our experience with the first one. I've heard wonderful things about both, but the second one (less expensive) seemed a bit less professional, answered calls during our meeting and the office was a dump, which wasn't a huge deal to me, just after being at the first appt it was a bit of a turn off. I'm also concerned that being in Boston, I need someone that I know is responsive to emails/calls and I've read a couple reviews that the cheaper one is not... Should I go to the first one and ask her if she can match the second one? What should I do?! 
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need advice - 2 quotes today

• saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Honestly, I'd talk to the first and see if you can negotiate down. If you can budget it, I would 100% go with the first one, because it sounds like there's probably a good reason the 2nd is so much cheaper. I personally would rather spend more on somehing that I know I'll trust than stress about it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would explain to the more expensive florist that you really want them to do your floral, but it is a bit over budget. See where they can tweak things to get into your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, I would discuss this with the more expensive florist and see if you can bring down the price. Maybe they can offer different types of flowers to bring the price down. I myself would be more comfortable with the more expensive florist because they seem more to be responsive and I don't feel like I would worry when it gets closer to the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_need-advice-2-quotes-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:44f5a566-ed5e-4ccc-a78e-e1b84242de56Post:5c201707-0611-4723-9b65-b8c102cfe961">Re: Need advice - 2 quotes today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree, I would discuss this with the more expensive florist and see if you can bring down the price. Maybe they can offer different types of flowers to bring the price down. I myself would be more comfortable with the more expensive florist because they seem more to be responsive and I don't feel like I would worry when it gets closer to the wedding.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div> You get what you pay for. It sounds like although the first florist was more expensive, she has experience. Time invested in experience by education and time spent on the job.  She'll know how to plan her day for delivery and set up.  She's presented a polished work space, professional self or staff  and sounded prepared for your appointment.  All of that is worth something. You cannot always compare  on just the price.  Florist #1 might have a higher cost because she included a delivery or set up fee and the other florist might not have. Her expences might be higher because she hires help and pays them on the books not under the table and has to cover payroll expences. Experience and peace of mind stands for something. Remember, your flowers will be in all of your photos. Don't forget to sign a contract - but- reivew it first for all of the details. good luck...

</div>
  • go with the first one.  It will save you 500 worth of headaches.  Maybe ask if there is a way to trim the quote a little?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards