Flowers
Options

Bride about to have a breakdown over flowers...wedding in 21 days!!!!

So, I am not happy with my florist at all.  I have no decided to try a different route, my only problem is I am not sure what color carnations to use for my wedding.  My wedding colors are Apple Red & Black.  My MOH will be wearing the apple red dress, my BM's will be wearing all black dresses.  My GM's are all wearing vests that have some apple red in them.  What color carnations shoud everyone have?  Should the bride and groom have red flowers, and the remaining bridal party have white?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Re: Bride about to have a breakdown over flowers...wedding in 21 days!!!!

• Options
    Did you pick out a thrid color? Like an accent color? I think white flowers for the BP and red for you and groom would look great. (Maybe white carnations for them with some red and black accents, ribbon, beads, berries, etc..)
  • Options
    Are you going to order the flowers and make the arrangements, or get your florist or a different one to do this?

I think jerzmom114's suggestions above are great. Our BM all had black dresses (no red) and carried all white roses. The flowers looked great.

Carnations are some of the cheapest flowers around, and "travel well" if you are ordering them in bulk online or from a florist.

Good luck
  • Options
    kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I agree.  Yours could be the apple red or even a darker shade and BM's be all white.  Then the groom/groomsmen could coordinate with the ladies across from them!
  • Options
    carnations come in a type called pepermint ,the are white with red veins.....you sometime see them during the Christmas holidays... they also come in a fresh green color(natural)  the green is a nicew complimentary color and because it is a light color it does not look like christmas.   One of my favorites is dk hot pink and red.
  • Options
    I wanted the peppermint ones but my orginal florist told me it was not possible.  Ugh! but we got a new florist and I got the seond best option

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_bride-about-to-have-a-breakdown-over-flowerswedding-in-21-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:4afd5a7f-d486-4a1c-bb58-ca7d53e815c3Post:ab786774-a093-4366-b98a-d171e67e40fd">Re: Bride about to have a breakdown over flowers...wedding in 21 days!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]carnations come in a type called pepermint ,the are white with red veins.....you sometime see them during the Christmas holidays... they also come in a fresh green color(natural)  the green is a nicew complimentary color and because it is a light color it does not look like christmas.   One of my favorites is dk hot pink and red.
    Posted by flower_diva[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards