Flowers
Options

Black and White FLowers-August

I really wanted anemones as our wedding flowers, but I'm being told that they are out of season from May until October and our wedding is in August. I am not opposed to using silk flowers if they are realistic looking, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas for flowers. Our colors are black and white and I want to stick to that color scheme for the flowers. We are getting married outdoors and I don't want the colors to clash with the flowers that grow in the area.

Re: Black and White FLowers-August

• Options
    In New England, black velvet pansies and white minature dahlias are in bloom in August. 
  • Options

I am a fan of the anemone too, but often to get the perfect bloom you have to order several of them.  Have you considered having fake anemones tucked in your bouquet with some real flowers or white flowers with black ribbon tucks??  Just ideas ;)

• Options
    red gerber daisies with black centers   perfect!
  • Options

I have seen very dark callas used as black flowers in bouquets-- would something like that work?

Photobucket
  • Options
    I worked for a florist for a short time and I remember having to prepare gerber daisies for the bouquet and centerpieces.  It was beautiful to see the finished product!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards