Flowers
Options

Cutting costs on centerpieces??

Hey ladies, my Fiance and I were thinking of doing a wine themed wedding in which case I was thinking of using wine glasses as the base to put flowers in for the centerpieces.  I was going to vary the sizes of the glasses to give a bit of different height to the table (one white, one stemless, one red, etc.).  Do you think this will allow us to cut a bit of costs on the centerpieces considering there will be less flowers but in multiple glasses?  We are also thinking of speading corks throughout the table along with Dove dark chocolate promises with the purple foil wrapping (purple and green are colors of consideration).  Any thoughts on wine themed centerpieces are welcome!

Re: Cutting costs on centerpieces??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome ideas! Just a thought that came to mind for wine themed centerpieces... I have kept the bottles of wine that I LOVE and don't want to forget the name or brand of... if you have any, you could put a couple of long stemmed flowers in those and it might be even cheaper. You'd already have the bottles and there would be even fewer flowers needed. :)
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like your idea, and also the pp's suggestion of wine bottles as centerpieces.  Maybe a wine bottle, with candle, or long stemmed flowers, surrounded by 2-3 various sized wine glasses.

The wine glasses could have a few flowers, greenery, corks, or even a bunch of grapes spilling out of it.  You might check out the dollar tree for $1 wine glasses. 

I saw some pictures once, the centerpiece s were for the guests to eat and drink.  There were a couple bottles of wined (already opened and recorked) on a tray with cheese, bread, and fruit (mostly grapes).  A few blooms of flowers were scattered about, and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary/herbs for decoration/garnish.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wine themed wedding over the summer and their centerpieces were super cute. They did a different bottle of wine on every table and each bottle had green and purple grapes around them. The grapes were real so you could eat them and not only that the names of the tables were named after the wine on your table. So instead of table numbers it was types of wine. Its an idea if you dont want to use flowers at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like KE's suggestion about the wine bottles as centerpieces.  You could also have a couple of wine glasses at each table that have the Dove chocolates in them as part of the centerpiece. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's a unique option for you....

• Options
    fluxwavefluxwave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wine theme would be awesome to cut costs. Use green and red grapes between flowers in the centerpiece. These look expensive and work as a great filler.

imagewww.liweddings.com/chat/p/6025171_2.jpg" alt="" width="163" height="128" />
    Photo Link: http://www.liweddings.com/chat/p/6025171_2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards