Flowers
Options

DIY-wedding bouguet-(RP,PIP)

I did post this first on the DIY board and thought I would post it over here as well. I went to the grocery store today and I have been eyeing these flowers for sometime now. I decide to go ahead and buy them today and see if I could make a bouquet and how long one would take. This one would be a bridesmaid bouquet and for mine I would added roses. What do you ladies think

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY-wedding bouguet-(RP,PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like. I would go without the green though..But thats just me im not a green person
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look great!  How long did it take?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Job .. very nice...pretty !!!
  • Options
    gmcurtisgmcurtis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great! I did the same recently and I couldn't believe how easy it was!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! It took about two hours but I was also watching tv and stuff. The hardest part was cleaning all the steams and picking out which ones I wanted to use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great job! I DIYed all of our wedding flowers and it was so worth it! It feels great to walk down the aisle holding something that you made, and it feels kinda romantic putting it together the night before.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice! They came out great!
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful!! I'm torn between florist vs. DIY and you're giving me hope!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_diy-wedding-bouguet-rppip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:5941a6a2-30af-4c81-9229-0e11149d60d9Post:8bbc2ec9-d7c9-41df-abb3-7aa5ed9ca390">Re: DIY-wedding bouguet-(RP,PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]beautiful!! I'm torn between florist vs. DIY and you're giving me hope!
    Posted by bmetz34[/QUOTE]

I would say try it and see how it goes. Just get some cheap flowers from the store. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_diy-wedding-bouguet-rppip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:5941a6a2-30af-4c81-9229-0e11149d60d9Post:8bbc2ec9-d7c9-41df-abb3-7aa5ed9ca390">Re: DIY-wedding bouguet-(RP,PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]beautiful!! I'm torn between florist vs. DIY and you're giving me hope!
    Posted by bmetz34[/QUOTE]

The bouquets and centerpieces were easy (IMO).  I found making the corsages and bouts to be more challenging. 

Go to the grocery store and pick up some flowers.  See how it goes.  I know a few people who DIY the centerpieces/bouquets and get a florist to do the tricky stuff. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards