Flowers
Options

Flower Girl carrying Sand

Hi Ladies,

I never post on here, but I have recently become addicted to the message boards, even though I'm only 6 weeks out!! eeekk!! So exciting!

I found a button bouquet on Etsy (Jilliann's) that I've fallen in love with, and we recently cancelled our floral order.  I still want my flower girl to "sprinkle" something on the aisle (we're getting married right on the beach, so my aisle is sand), and FI suggested colored sand.  Anyone ever heard of this? What are your thoughts? And if we did do sand, what would she carry it in?  She's only 2, so it would still have to be small.  Is a sand pail too casual? (The wedding is much more casual than formal, the BP are all wearing flip flops, boys in linen etc).

Thanks in advance for your help!

July 10, 2010 Best. Day. Of. Life.

Re: Flower Girl carrying Sand

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds so adorable. Go for it!
    And the bucket doesnt seem too casual if the wedding is pretty casual as you described.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say get a plastic pail and shovel that best matches your wedding colors and let her use the shovel to  sprinkle the sand.  That is what i'd do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Ms.Knick-Green about the matching colors pail. Very Cute idea! I would also suggest doing the sand one color and the pail another (to match your wedding colors).

Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to consider lining a wicker basket with plastic for her to carry the sand in,
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the bucket idea. I would also use colored sand
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!! I think I'll go shopping for a sand pail tomorrow! I'm glad you like the idea Smile

• Options
    starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think its a super cute idea!  It is a great twist on the traditional flower pedal idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gaharvardgaharvard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the bucket idea! Just one word of caution; don't be disappointed if she does not sprinkle anything as she goes down the aisle. At 2 years old, it is always a toss up! My niece's flower girl did terrific at  the rehearsal but froze a bit at the ceremony (it was also a beach wedding with just family and close friends). She maide it down the aisle, though and that was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gaharvard!
    We visited the FG last night to try on her dress, and I told the mom I don't care if things don't go "perfect". If she gets shy, her mom can walk her down and that's fine by me!
    Little kids are cute, but unpredictable. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards