Flowers
Options

Baby's Breath Centerpiece

Well since I am on a budget i do not want to spend too much on flowers, but i still want it look nice. My original idea was shot downs since our venue doesnt allow candles or loose pedals.
I had already decided on doing the BMs bouquete in baby's breath and then i saw this picture and fell in love with this centerpiece
is any one else using baby breath as a main centerpiece?
if so what are your ideas?
oh and im also plannin on making this a DIY if anyone has any idea how its gonna be done help me out too

Re: Baby's Breath Centerpiece

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can order baby's breath in bulk from costco.com (see the link on the top for "floral", then inside that look at "fillers")

Baby's breath doesn't really need to be kept fresh with water. I can't figure out how they made the centerpieces in your post. Styrofoam is too hard to allow the dainty stems from baby's breath to be inserted. I'm not sure that florist's foam would be any easier. You might have to make small bunches of baby's breath and wire them to wooden florist pics to insert them in a circular or semi-circular ball.

Good luck. Looks pretty.
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The picture is really nice, but if you are already doing the BM bouquets in baby's breath, it may look  a bit overdone at the reception, IMO.

Also, make a mock-up or two of your centerpieces, then set them on a similar table with other people around (if possible) to see if there will be issues with the guests - no one wants to have to keep looking around a centerpiece to visit, they will just move it out of their way!

Since your venue does not allow candles, I have heard of "flameless" candles that are available from Dollar Tree - you could have that in a votive with a fake flower or two - something like that would be pretty. 

Check out the DIY board - there are tons of great ideas there!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them! I'm using baby's breath in my aisle runners. I'm using cardstock to make a cone for a container, and using ribbon to attach them to the pews. Just another idea to add a bit of glam on a budget. Our florist is going to spray some glitter on them to give them a bit of a shine, without over doing it. GL! Just practice a few times so you don't get stressed the day of!
  • Options
    selcherttselchertt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can purchase floral foam pomander spheres at any florist/craft store, (oasis brand is best) Make sure its not styrafoam, you want the kind you soak in water. Thats what they used to design those centerpeices. Also, I wouldn't risk not hydrating the babies breath. I work in a flower shop so hopefully my tips help! good luck! :-)
  • Options
    regnidderegnidde member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how to you attach the sphere oasis to the top of the candlesticks?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards